Game 1 vs. Bewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ScottinMass

Game 1 vs. Bewers

Post by ScottinMass »

Lefty on the mound for the Brewers (Wade Miley) so that means RH lineup for Clint.

No Meadows again, but Luplow starts 2nd day in a row.

So Luplow now has more starts than Meadows in the last 7 games. Bizarre to me.

I don't like this lineup from 4-9, but Let's go Bucs! Prove my negativity wrong.

1. Corey Dickerson (L) LF

2. Starling Marte (R) CF

3. Elias Diaz (R) C

4. David Freese (R) 3B

5. Jordan Luplow (R) RF

6. Josh Bell (S) 1B

7. Josh Harrison (R) 2B

8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

9. Jameson Taillon (R) P
fjk090852-7

Game 1 vs. Bewers

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I don’t like Meadows sitting for all of these games. It would be best if they send him back to Indy to start several games in a row. Maybe return him to Pittsburgh on August 1st if one of the other outfielders was traded at the deadline.
CarolinaBucco

Game 1 vs. Bewers

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This lineup makes no sense to me.

I'd play Polanco for sure, regardless of who's on the mound.

He's only one of the hottest hitters in baseball.

But that's Clint.
dmetz

Game 1 vs. Bewers

Post by dmetz »

How the #### can Polanco not be in this lineup? As streaky as he is, he should start every single game so long as he's on the ball. Stupidity.
iwatch

Game 1 vs. Bewers

Post by iwatch »

I will be attending the Saturday doubleheader; the first money I've spent on professional sports in at least five years. (My friend got tickets and really wants to go so I figured getting two games for the price of one justifies it.). Seeing two games I'm hoping that I'll get to see Meadows play a game it with Clint, who knows. I'm throughly disgusted by the lack of playing time he is getting. It almost seems that the Pirates go out of their way to undermine the few prospects they have. Moroff, who is a marginal prospect, is being destroyed by colonel Clink; Taillon is ridiculed by Kneel. Now, Meadows is restricted to less than a platoon role. What are these idiots doing?

Any idea who might pitch on Saturday?
Bobster21

Game 1 vs. Bewers

Post by Bobster21 »

Aw, come on now. No need for surprise. We all know how TBMTIB operates. A few days ago Neil declared that the Pirates would be sellers unless there was an unmistakable sign in the next 9-10 days that they could contend. "Oddly enough" that time frame coincided with the team's decision to not start Meadows anymore and to take a look at Luplow and Moroff. Ok, we get it. The decision has already been made to shed payroll. Don't want to muck things up by playing the best players and accidentally winning some games.
rucker59@gmail.com

Game 1 vs. Bewers

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Well lookee there: Tallion gets out of jam in 5th (1st and 3rd, no outs); the next three batters are the pitcher and then top of the lineup FOR THE THIRD TIME. We’ve been told they don’t want Jamison facing the lineup for the 3rd time. Result? Two SOs and a line out. And Jamison comes out for the 6th as well.

So what’s different from this game and Tallon’s previous? If Tallion shouldn’t pitch 3rd time through then he shouldn’t be pitching now. He had 2 base runners in the 5th and 1 in the 6th.
rucker59@gmail.com

Game 1 vs. Bewers

Luplow 0-3, including a DP with bases loaded.

rucker59@gmail.com

Game 1 vs. Bewers

And Jordy gets his 3rd hit and drives in RBIs 3 and 4.
Ecbucs

Game 1 vs. Bewers

Post by Ecbucs »

is this Jameson's career high in strikeouts?