Core ...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Core ...

Post by SCBucco »

Very curious on this question the responses we get ...

Right now, as you look at the current roster of active players in the majors (not necessarily the 40-man roster), who exactly figures out to be core players?

Hayes obviously ... Reynolds obviously, Brubaker certainly has turned into core, Bednar I'd put as core (think he is going to be the closer after RichRod gets dealt). Do we put Moran as core seeing we have a lack of depth at 1st.

We know Frazier, Anderson and RichRod are probably gone by the TDL so ...

Is Stallings core? He probably is as we see our catching depth, so add him.

I don't want to put a bunch of BP arms since BPs are hit and miss year to year and you shouldn't have more core players be bullpen arms.
Surgnbuck

Core ...

Post by Surgnbuck »

Until I see some guys play at least a full season for the first time, or continue to show they have the chops if they've been around for a bit, I'd honestly say the only "core" player right now is Reynolds.

Brubaker is going to be 28 this year! He hasn't even had one full season.

Okay, I'll go out on a limb and say Hayes too.

Everyone else on the current roster will be too old or too gone or is too soon to tell by the time some core is assembled for a competitive team.
fjk090852-7

Core ...

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I would think these 4 players for certain: Hayes, Reynolds, Brubaker and Bednar. Depending on future performance, I would include Stallings, and Keller. I am not yet giving up on Keller, he still may become the pitcher he was projected to be.