TV Ratings

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

iabucco

TV Ratings

Post by iabucco »

I saw this link in Twitter. It looks like the Pirates were 7th in cable ratings. Attendance may be down but the tv ratings are solid. I really hope that gets publicized and the front office feels pressure to add a lefty starter or alternator hitter.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown ... ssion=true
mouse

TV Ratings

Post by mouse »

That's a fascinating article. I never would have guessed that. I wonder if the internal shuffling - the White Sox being so far down, for example - was more a function of their sell-off and pause to rebuild. As they improve as a team their stats are likely to improve as well. But the Pirates are really surprising. That should help when it comes to their new network agreement.
Bobster21

TV Ratings

Post by Bobster21 »

5C54574056565A350 wrote: I saw this link in Twitter.  It looks like the Pirates were 7th in cable ratings.  Attendance may be down but the tv ratings are solid.  I really hope that gets publicized and the front office feels pressure to add a lefty starter or alternator hitter. 

Don't get your hopes up. We saw what they did with that $50 million bonus from Disney last year...NADA!
mouse

TV Ratings

Post by mouse »

There are similarities there, I suppose, but keep in mind you are talking about two different kinds of income entirely. The revenue from cable is from operations and those funds are used for on-going team needs. The Disney sale was the sale of a capital asset. Funds from that sort of source are rarely used for operations (unless a business is in trouble). They are usually reinvested in some other long-term capital asset.
Roberto218

TV Ratings

Post by Roberto218 »

Pirates should be able to negotiate a pretty good tv deal. The overall number of viewers is very good, even when love attendance took a hit.
Ecbucs

TV Ratings

Post by Ecbucs »

063B363126203B66656C540 wrote: Pirates should be able to negotiate a pretty good tv deal. The overall number of viewers is very good, even when love attendance took a hit.

the question is whether Frank can do it.
SammyKhalifa

TV Ratings

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5E78796E78681B0 wrote: Pirates should be able to negotiate a pretty good tv deal. The overall number of viewers is very good, even when love attendance took a hit.

the question is whether Frank can do it.
Maybe they'll break away and start their own online streaming channel.

Heh, as if.
Osushawn

TV Ratings

Post by Osushawn »

3D35362137373B540 wrote: I saw this link in Twitter.  It looks like the Pirates were 7th in cable ratings.  Attendance may be down but the tv ratings are solid.  I really hope that gets publicized and the front office feels pressure to add a lefty starter or alternator hitter. 

Just out of curiosity, if they were to add a Lefty starter, whom do you see them moving out of the rotation? I would rather they throw money at another OF or trade Bell/Moran and cash to get a hitter.
notes34

TV Ratings

Post by notes34 »

44787E78636A7C650B0 wrote: I saw this link in Twitter.  It looks like the Pirates were 7th in cable ratings.  Attendance may be down but the tv ratings are solid.  I really hope that gets publicized and the front office feels pressure to add a lefty starter or alternator hitter. 

Just out of curiosity, if they were to add a Lefty starter, whom do you see them moving out of the rotation?  I would rather they throw money at another OF or trade Bell/Moran and cash to get a hitter. 

I feel the same way. Who could they add as a LH starter that would be better than Nova for the same amount of money? I want a corner IF and an OF to start until Polanco is healthy.
IABucFan

TV Ratings

Post by IABucFan »

7C4046405B52445D330 wrote: I saw this link in Twitter.  It looks like the Pirates were 7th in cable ratings.  Attendance may be down but the tv ratings are solid.  I really hope that gets publicized and the front office feels pressure to add a lefty starter or alternator hitter. 

Just out of curiosity, if they were to add a Lefty starter, whom do you see them moving out of the rotation?  I would rather they throw money at another OF or trade Bell/Moran and cash to get a hitter. 

Whoever comes down with an injury in ST. It happens every year. I doubt we go into the season with all of Taillon, Williams, Musgrove, Archer, and Nova healthy. Hopefully, none of them are out for the year. But I'll be surprised if they all are healthy on opening day.