Official Game Thread - 6/8 - Bucs vs Twins

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

bucs607179

Re: Official Game Thread - 6/8 - Bucs vs Twins

Post by bucs607179 »

4-0 Bucs! Last inning.

I'm thinking of Roberto Clemente right now for a reason. Don't want to jinx it.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Bucs get to 2 games under .500. and have pitched 21 straight scoreless innings going back to last 3 with LA.

BUCS!!!! Raise it!!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

RAISE IT !!
two shut outs in a row
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

I like the Bucs chances for a sweep on Sunday.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Big shout out for Otiz- Great 4 plus scoreless innings. His ERA is now 2.61
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Possum wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:04 pm If I can't bitch about the lineup I can at least bitch about dummy Joe Block calling the game. At least they have "Rock" Wehner as the color guy.
See? Forget muskrat love. Rowdy just needed some Possum love.

Sorry you had to listen to Block. I was at the game and got to listen to almost 30,000 people chanting "Rowdy! Rowdy!"

Honestly, considering the hositlity of the crowd towards Rowdy not just this game, but ever since calling out the fans, I think Rowdy learned that in Pittsburgh, redemption is possible.

It was without a doubt the second most heartwarming moment of the BC/Shelton tenure, behind Cutch's welcome back last season. It was special to be there in person. This is the kind of game people remember being at, especially those who know the backstory. I'm hoping that it makes some national mention.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

You'd think the awesome job from a bullpen game was enough. Then you'd think the incredible defensive show put on by Nick Gonzales would be the perfect icing on the cake.

Oh no, not today. This one got the cherry on the top and became a PNC masterpiece. This game will always mean a lot more than just a nice win for the home team. It's the kind of game that reminds you why being there in person just seems that much more than just having watched it on television or listened on the radio. It's the kind of game that you feel part of it, not just a fanny in the seat.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:04 am
Possum wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:04 pm If I can't bitch about the lineup I can at least bitch about dummy Joe Block calling the game. At least they have "Rock" Wehner as the color guy.
See? Forget muskrat love. Rowdy just needed some Possum love.

Sorry you had to listen to Block. I was at the game and got to listen to almost 30,000 people chanting "Rowdy! Rowdy!"

Honestly, considering the hositlity of the crowd towards Rowdy not just this game, but ever since calling out the fans, I think Rowdy learned that in Pittsburgh, redemption is possible.

It was without a doubt the second most heartwarming moment of the BC/Shelton tenure, behind Cutch's welcome back last season. It was special to be there in person. This is the kind of game people remember being at, especially those who know the backstory. I'm hoping that it makes some national mention.
Fans everywhere are fickle. It's what have you done for me lately. On a harsher message board they call him BLUTO and say terrible things about the guy but yesterday he was their hero.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Possum wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:10 pm
bucs607179 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:55 pm NO WAY!!! Tellez just leaves the park
He did but not the way I'd like him to :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !
As soon as I typed that I knew someone would take it like that. :D
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:11 am You'd think the awesome job from a bullpen game was enough. Then you'd think the incredible defensive show put on by Nick Gonzales would be the perfect icing on the cake.

Oh no, not today. This one got the cherry on the top and became a PNC masterpiece. This game will always mean a lot more than just a nice win for the home team. It's the kind of game that reminds you why being there in person just seems that much more than just having watched it on television or listened on the radio. It's the kind of game that you feel part of it, not just a fanny in the seat.
Carol was very happy for Tellez. She didn't understand all the hostility towards him. I told
her about Him calling out the fans for booing Bednar and how lousy he has been, She said "So, do they
boo Cruz every time he strikes out"