Official Game Thread - 4/12 - Boston vs Bucs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Possum

Re: Official Game Thread - 4/12 - Boston vs Bucs

Post by Possum »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:45 pm Did the team collectively get the life sucked out of them in New York?
They must have because there are more than enough hookers in NY to do the trick! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Bucs
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Surg, I really feel sorry for you having to watch this in person. Even Carol said,
" how can you watch this? They suck'?
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

On the play where Suwinski was thrown out at second> What the hell was the
first base coach doing?
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Cruz is just awful. Besides going hitless again (4-44) He drops a popup Possum
could have caught.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Cruz with another error. Is BC contemplating sending him to Indy so he can get himself on track? It wouldn’t be the worst thing that could happen, and it doesn’t mean he’s finished as a major leaguer. Lots of guys get sent back and then return being the players many thought they could be.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I am not doing the good and the Ugly
There was no good.
There was so much ugly that I would need 2 pages
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It seems every year this team goes into these long losing streaks, and it puts them under.500 and they never recover. I could see them losing 3 out of 4 to the Brewers, or even getting swept. If this streak becomes like 11 losses out of 13, there could be some serious changes.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Doc wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:27 pm Cruz with another error. Is BC contemplating sending him to Indy so he can get himself on track? It wouldn’t be the worst thing that could happen, and it doesn’t mean he’s finished as a major leaguer. Lots of guys get sent back and then return being the players many thought they could be.
Listening to the post game show, and it's pretty interesting about Cruz. Cruz in the locker room told reporters right now he has no confidence. Shelton in his interview said they are going to keep running him out there, that unplugging him for a couple of days isn't going to help.

I was at the game today. You could see the air come out of them after they botched the bottom of the 4th. They are all either trying too hard, or it's affecting their play in the field.

They're back to square one. It's interesting to wonder, if they were sitting at 11-11 and kind of ham and egging wins and losses, would people be okay with that as opposed to how they actually got there?

I'm of the mindset that right now, there isn't a single player who seems to have their game going in high gear other than Jared Jones, and right now, we really need the offense to get going. No one is hitting so well they are carrying the team. Even Reynolds 3-4 yesterday, one of those is an infield hit.

I do believe this season is going to be make or break for Shelton. It seems the players love him, and the "culture" he's nurtured. I hope they realize they better produce, or they'll have to learn a new culture.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Current batting averages
Triolo- .227
Tellez-. 210
Cruz -. 209
Suwinski-.191
Davis -.182
Cutch - .173

If all 6 of these guys are in the game at the same time and they often
have been, the Pirates have very little chance of winning unless they
score one or two runs and the staff pitches a Shutout. That is the reality guys
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

It's the mental mistakes that drive me crazy. These are Major Leaguers that make
Little Leaguer mistakes'
The steal rate by opposing teams is completely unacceptable. It seems most of them
are because the pitcher isn't holding them on. What is Oscar doing about it?

I have another theory and I would like the board members to comment.
I know of no other team that puts some players in different position as much as the Pirates.
Connor Joe- 1st Base and Outfield
Suwiski - has played all three OF positions
Reynolds - different OF positions
Olivares - different OF positions
Triolo - Second and Third
I feel that in Major League Baseball, it's tough enough learning to play one position. I have noticed that players are
not calling each other off on certain plays because they are not as familiar with each other as other teams are.