Official Game Thread - 5/5 - Bucs vs Rockies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Re: Official Game Thread - 5/5 - Bucs vs Rockies

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:11 pm Nice to see the bucs win a series. It certainly has been a struggle.
5 runs. WOW!! Pinch me
I had to do it twice !!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:15 pm
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:11 pm Nice to see the bucs win a series. It certainly has been a struggle.
5 runs. WOW!! Pinch me
I had to do it twice !!
Oh my goodness, I forgot to say RAISE IT yesterday and today. I had forgotten how :lol:
Possum

Post by Possum »

You've got to keep Carol off your mind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Bucs
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Possum wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:42 pm You've got to keep Carol off your mind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carol said "bite your tongue"
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Thanks to the White Sox, the worst team in baseball for taking 2 of 3 from
the Cardinals, the bucs are out of the cellar!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wasn’t able to see nor hear the game today so I’m disappointed to read here that both Cruz and Tellez failed to hustle out of the box when hitting balls off the wall, instead, standing and admiring what they thought were HRs.

This is what I mean about Cruz being more interested in being cool rather than playing hard. How hard is it to run hard a handful of times during a baseball game? It’s inexcusable, and Shelton should make it clear to him that the next time he loafs, he’ll be removed from the game immediately, and will sit out the next game, too. They need to do something to make this guy understand how he’s hurting both his team and his own career.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:16 pm Wasn’t able to see nor hear the game today so I’m disappointed to read here that both Cruz and Tellez failed to hustle out of the box when hitting balls off the wall, instead, standing and admiring what they thought were HRs.

This is what I mean about Cruz being more interested in being cool rather than playing hard. How hard is it to run hard a handful of times during a baseball game? It’s inexcusable, and Shelton should make it clear to him that the next time he loafs, he’ll be removed from the game immediately, and will sit out the next game, too. They need to do something to make this guy understand how he’s hurting both his team and his own career.
What was even worse is that after seeing Cruz’s mistake, Tellez did the same exact thing an inning or 2 later. These guys can’t even learn by watching the poor example right in front of their face. Shelton won’t do anything. No one is ever held accountable. So no matter how many things they do wrong, someone else is just as likely to do the same thing. At least they won this time. But in other situations, those mistakes can be killers.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I was on the turnpike coming back from Maryland, had stopped, and checked the score. Was headed to the top of the ninth, so I followed on gameday. Saw that Bednar got the save, I told Mister Man, "Raise the Jolly Roger!" and off we continued home.

Once through Alleghany Mountain tunnell, you can pick up the Fan.Zangrilli was finishing up his interview with Reynolds, and his chalk talk with Walk. Dan kept alluding to some ugly moments despite the win, and said sometimes you're luckier than good. I didn't know what he was talking about.

Now I know.

Maybe Tellez was looking for another reason to get booed. He is not a fan favorite to say the least.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:35 pm
Doc wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:16 pm Wasn’t able to see nor hear the game today so I’m disappointed to read here that both Cruz and Tellez failed to hustle out of the box when hitting balls off the wall, instead, standing and admiring what they thought were HRs.

What was even worse is that after seeing Cruz’s mistake, Tellez did the same exact thing an inning or 2 later. These guys can’t even learn by watching the poor example right in front of their face. Shelton won’t do anything. No one is ever held accountable. So no matter how many things they do wrong, someone else is just as likely to do the same thing. At least they won this time. But in other situations, those mistakes can be killers.
You're right, I picked on Cruz when Tellez was equally guilty. He's a veteran who should know better and, after watching Cruz screw up, should have taken advantage of his situation to show Cruz how the game is supposed be played. So maybe his blown opportunity to have a teaching moment is in someway worse than Cruz's lack of hustle.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

That's a good point Doc. I chose Tellez because of the booing moment. I guess I've already resigned myself to expecting Marte-esque play from Cruz.