3B K. Hayes R
SS Oneil Cruz L
1B Rowdy Tellez L - sucks
2B Jared Triolo R
LF J. Suwinski L - sucks
C Joey Bart R
CF M. Taylor R
SP Martin Perez L

Where is their current best hitter Connor Joe? Shelton must have some kind of brain disease for playing Tellez and Suwinski.
Let's Go Bucs
Surgnbuck

Re: Official Game Thread - 5/3 - Bucs vs Rockies

Post by Surgnbuck »

Let's Go Bucs!!!!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I find it interessting there is no mention of Davis being sent down on the Pirates home page. They have the same exact opening page, story, picture as they did from two days ago.

Other than that move, which was probably the easiest because Davis is so likeable from an old school uber hustle standpoint, this looks like the proverbial "vote of confidence" in the team.

The players know what's being said and about whom. I'm certain even Cutch is aware there are many who feel he's one year removed from "should have hung it up before they turn on you too".

IMHO it's also, "okay fellas, you have nine games to get it together." After that, it's 7 on the road against division foes, preceded by the final three games of the homestand being division rivals.

If you all recall last season, despite falling apart after the hot start, the Pirates continued to hold on to first place in the division until they hit a similar stretch, against the same two teams, Milwaukee and Chicago. They ended a miserable May last year by taking 2 of 3 from the Giants, and came home and swept The Loo. They were trounced in the second two games against Oakland, and rebounded by taking the series against the Mets, featuring Cutch getting his 2000th hit.

It was then that we would see the Pirates slip from first to fourth in the span of a week, as they went on the road and were swept in three games by Chicago, Milwaukee, then returned home to be swept three games against the Cubs. Nine of the ten game losing streak were against division foes, and that was the end of the Bucs.

That vibe is back. Having just been swept by Oakland this time, and on the road, to punctuate a miserable road trip and probably rock bottom in the current slide.

The Pirates would start making moves eventually. I think this next stretch of games is going to be the make or break point for many of the guys on the team. Six at home against two teams the Pirates should easily beat. Then the seven game road trip against the Brewers and the Cubs, before returning home again.

I honestly believe that next home stand will be featuring multiple changes if they don't right the ship in these next 15 games. The saying about getting enough rope to hang yourself with looks to be just that, 15 games long, IMHO.

I also predict Skenes makes his MLB debut for the Saturday game against the Braves. Just think about it, Skenes versus one of the premier teams in the league, especially offensively. Memorial Day weekend.

They don't call me Nostradamus for nothing. Honestly, they don't. But that's beside the point.

Just my crystal ball going here.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

BTW, getting set to head down to the game, so you knuckleheads best represent and make some gameday thread noise, and bring home a winner. I'm trying to get back to the.500 mark, the Bucs are 2-3 with me there so far.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:14 pm I find it interessting there is no mention of Davis being sent down on the Pirates home page. They have the same exact opening page, story, picture as they did from two days ago.

Other than that move, which was probably the easiest because Davis is so likeable from an old school uber hustle standpoint, this looks like the proverbial "vote of confidence" in the team.

The players know what's being said and about whom. I'm certain even Cutch is aware there are many who feel he's one year removed from "should have hung it up before they turn on you too".

IMHO it's also, "okay fellas, you have nine games to get it together." After that, it's 7 on the road against division foes, preceded by the final three games of the homestand being division rivals.

If you all recall last season, despite falling apart after the hot start, the Pirates continued to hold on to first place in the division until they hit a similar stretch, against the same two teams, Milwaukee and Chicago. They ended a miserable May last year by taking 2 of 3 from the Giants, and came home and swept The Loo. They were trounced in the second two games against Oakland, and rebounded by taking the series against the Mets, featuring Cutch getting his 2000th hit.

It was then that we would see the Pirates slip from first to fourth in the span of a week, as they went on the road and were swept in three games by Chicago, Milwaukee, then returned home to be swept three games against the Cubs. Nine of the ten game losing streak were against division foes, and that was the end of the Bucs.

That vibe is back. Having just been swept by Oakland this time, and on the road, to punctuate a miserable road trip and probably rock bottom in the current slide.

The Pirates would start making moves eventually. I think this next stretch of games is going to be the make or break point for many of the guys on the team. Six at home against two teams the Pirates should easily beat. Then the seven game road trip against the Brewers and the Cubs, before returning home again.

I honestly believe that next home stand will be featuring multiple changes if they don't right the ship in these next 15 games. The saying about getting enough rope to hang yourself with looks to be just that, 15 games long, IMHO.

I also predict Skenes makes his MLB debut for the Saturday game against the Braves. Just think about it, Skenes versus one of the premier teams in the league, especially offensively. Memorial Day weekend.

They don't call me Nostradamus for nothing. Honestly, they don't. But that's beside the point.

Just my crystal ball going here.
Surge, your synopsis is as good as anyone else could write but I have one issue: this team, as it’s playing now, shouldn’t be able to beat any team easily. Right now, this is one of the four worst teams in baseball. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if the Pirates lose four of these next six games. I feel no certainty with regard to their ability to win a game, mostly because the line-up is so wanting.

Now watch, they’ll score double-digit runs in two of these game with the Rockies.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Since Taylor was benched for 3 games when hitting .429, he's batted .149 ever since.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Any beer league team could beat the Pirates. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Let's Go Bucs
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Possum wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:57 pm Any beer league team could beat the Pirates. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
At least the beer league team would have better looking uniforms than the City Connect trash.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

I just started following tonight’s game here in the top of the 3rd and I see our guys have struck out four times already. The Rockies fielders are getting most of the night off.
Doc

Post by Doc »

While the Bucs went in order in the 3rd, there’s good news to report: all three batters put the ball in play. We’re scoreless, as one would expect, through three.