Merry Christmas

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Possum

Merry Christmas

Post by Possum »

Merry Christmas,

I hope Santa brings good things for Surg especially his winning ways when he goes to the game.

I hope Santa brings lots of joy to Doc and his tours out of state to play in some Old, Old Timers games.

I wish that Santa would bring Owner Bob tons of cash that he would be required to spend, spend, spend so Santa doesn't fill his Christmas stocking next year with a lump of coal.

I hope Santa allows Cutch to hit his 200th career HR at PNC and that it goes in the river.

I hope Santa's elves dip Rowdy Tellez's glove in some super stickem so that every ball hit or thrown his way makes and out.

I hope Henry Davis concentrates on his hitting and to hell with his defense behind the plate and he leads the Bucs like a #1 draft pick should.

I hope Jack Suwinski learns how to hit the ball to all fields but also mashes 40 HRs.

Let's hear it for Santa to grant Mitch Keller that ability to win a Cy Young and for Ke'Bryan Hayes to win another Gold Glove.

I wish Wildwoodcoach a happy season as we talk by phone about the lineup that Shelty makes up.

Speaking of Shelty, Santa gives him some smarts.

You guys can add to the list as you see fit.
Let's Go Bucs
Surgnbuck

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Surgnbuck »

I wish for Possum unlimited bandwidth and no site disruptions; You're certainly on the good list for keeping this site going.

I wish for Doc to have the pleasure of once again playing a round of golf against me, and x-ray vision binoculars.

I wish for The Wizard to see Pitt in a final four.

I wish for Champs another number to add after 607179.

I wish for 3P3 a chance to post a major signing.

I wish for Bobster a chance to change or eliminate one rule.

I wish for the esteemed crew of Javy, Ecbucs, fjk, Sammy, Utah, Carolina, OSU, wvbucco, BuccoMick, Mouse, Jolly Roger, Dutton to continue to post and more frequently, as all of you add so much without saying a whole lot, and are to me the braintrust of how everything baseball works, along with the Pirates.

I wish Mrs. Wizard all chores completed in a timely basis by the hubby.

I wish everyone I've missed, and everyone I haven't, a joyous holiday season, a Merry Christmas, and a Bucn New Year of our boys making the playoffs.

Hope to see you all around at the Park!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Thanks to you, Possum and Surge, for thinking of me. I do get a lot of joy playing baseball during the year, on major league fields, in beautiful climates. I appreciate it more now than I did as a kid.

And as for the golf date, Surge, we need to do that. I’ll be in touch once the weather cooperates in the Spring and we’ll get together with our goofy friend and make a day of it.

I hope you both, and all the OnlyBucs posters, have a great Christmas and a healthy New Year.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Merry Christmas to all!

And Surg, thank you for my wish. Goodbye, ghost runner! :D
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:21 pm Merry Christmas to all!

And Surg, thank you for my wish. Goodbye, ghost runner! :D
Since your great idea is to get rid of the ghost runner, which I’m on board with, I’ll offer up my wish of getting rid of both the replay system and the DH. Make Baseball Great Again!!!!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Hope everyone had a great Christmas Holiday.I enjoyed reading all the
Christmas wishes- I will make mine short as I am tied up with the Basketball
Tournament in Wildwood. 68 teams coming in. 34- Guys and 34 Girls teams. Largest co-ed Tournament in the country.
If your bored you can check it out at bbclassic.com

Possum- Shelton's cell phone number so Possum can personally
tell him what an A- Hole he is
Doc- to finally get that elusive Hole-in One

Surg- - three consecutive days off work when Ohtani and Yamamoto come to town.

Bobster- To replace Rob Manfred as Commissioner of Baseball so he can make his own rules

Bucs- to be able to stay awake past 8PM so he can watch a baseball game
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Thank you, WW.
Today: Commissioner of Baseball.
Tomorrow: Emperor of the Universe! (Oops, sorry. I'm getting ahead of myself.)
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Hey, Dave, I really appreciate you rooting for me to get a hole-in-one but I have a better chance of becoming the queen of England. Every time I tee up a ball on a Par 3 hole, I have a one in 12,500 chance (those are the odds for a typical amateur). Even a math nitwit like me knows it ain’t happenin’.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Doc wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:17 am Hey, Dave, I really appreciate you rooting for me to get a hole-in-one but I have a better chance of becoming the queen of England. Every time I tee up a ball on a Par 3 hole, I have a one in 12,500 chance (those are the odds for a typical amateur). Even a math nitwit like me knows it ain’t happenin’.
but it can happen. Just keep playing those par 3 holes. You could probably play 5000 a year and get your hole in one in less than 3 years. If I wasn't such a hacker I might do it.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ecbucs wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:05 am
Doc wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:17 am Hey, Dave, I really appreciate you rooting for me to get a hole-in-one but I have a better chance of becoming the queen of England. Every time I tee up a ball on a Par 3 hole, I have a one in 12,500 chance (those are the odds for a typical amateur). Even a math nitwit like me knows it ain’t happenin’.
but it can happen. Just keep playing those par 3 holes. You could probably play 5000 a year and get your hole in one in less than 3 years. If I wasn't such a hacker I might do it.
I don’t think it works that way. Every time I tee up, it’s a 12,500 to one chance. The odds never change, regardless of how many Par 3s I play. My goal, obviously, is to get as close to the hole as possible but, actually trying to make one, is a fool’s errand. Yes, it can happen, but it’s just not likely.