What to do with Cutch???

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

What to do with Cutch???

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Does anybody think that Cutch needs to go on the DL for a little while now and get his thumb or his hand treated properly?? I don't know for sure if that is the reason he still isn't hitting but if it is then I think it's time the Bucs DL him. At this point Cutch in the lineup is hurting the team more then helping them, and if he continues to play the way he is and the Pirates don't address in some way then Cutch is doing a big disservice to his teammates and to the fans of the Pirates as well.

All I know is as I am sure many of you are as well I'm getting tired of seeing Cutch continue to get worse every game he plays and hearing about how his thumb is hurting him. If it's that bad then get yourself right and go on the DL. Just seeing what your guys thoughts are on Cutch.
Docjon49

What to do with Cutch???

Post by Docjon49 »

01263733362B14203736362B520 wrote: Does anybody think that Cutch needs to go on the DL for a little while now and get his thumb or his hand treated properly??

Yes.
NCBuccofan

What to do with Cutch???

Post by NCBuccofan »

58737F76737228251C0 wrote: Does anybody think that Cutch needs to go on the DL for a little while now and get his thumb or his hand treated properly??

Yes.

Agree, but he is not going to let his pride get in the way.
MaineBucs

What to do with Cutch???

Post by MaineBucs »

I agree that Cutch should go on the DL, and, no better time to do it than now with the all-star game break approaching.

It is a rare sight to see Cutch have a series of quality at-bats over a span of 2 or more games. It also is getting a bit old to hear the announcers talk after his 1 good at bat in ten about how that may be the hit that gets him going.

A bad April is a starting slow. Not picking it up by mid-May is a protracted slump. But, if your OPS is nearing .700, your BA is below .240, and you are striking out (and badly too boot) more frequently than ever in the past, and the calendar has turned to July, you are having a bad season.

I know the team does not have a lot of outfield depth, but with Joyce hitting well, Marte being able to play CF, and Rodriguez, Frazier and Harrison all able to play in the corner, I think it is time to DL Cutch and hope that 15 days on the sidelines help him to heal.

I don't know if a DL stint will fix what ails him, but the current approaching of running him out to CF nearly every game and batting him first 2nd and now 3rd is not working well for the team or for him.
SteadyFreddy

What to do with Cutch???

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I agree as well that it's getting old to hear guys like Wehner and Brown say when Cutch hits a ball hard or does something good that "maybe this is the hit that gets him going". Cutch will occasionally have a good game or two every now and then but for a player of his caliber on a team that needs to continue to keep winning to make the playoffs that's simply not good enough right now. I would have put him on the DL late last week before the A's series on the off day which would have given him a full two weeks plus the week of no games with the All Star Break to not play and maybe receive the proper treatment necessary. But a lot of fans are starting to get tired of hearing about the thumb injury day after day after day. If Cutch is out there playing everyday then you have to assume that he is healthy enough to play, then you have to judge him by how he is playing out on the field whether he is hurt or not. And he simply is not playing well at all.

So the bottom line is this has gone on long enough now. If Cutch is hurt management needs to go tell Cutch that we aren't worried about your pride and that we are putting you on the DL for a few weeks to see if we can help you get better so that this isn't having an effect on you come late August early September.

Something needs to be done though about this at some point because it's gone on long enough and the excuses about the thumb are starting to get old and tiresome.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

What to do with Cutch???

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

He needs to bat 6th or 7th.

He is still the best option to run out there every day. Frazier or Joyce are not taking his spot.
SteadyFreddy

What to do with Cutch???

Post by SteadyFreddy »

2B20282421203B7E780F362E272020612C204F0 wrote: He needs to bat 6th or 7th. 

He is still the best option to run out there every day.  Frazier or Joyce are not taking his spot. I disagree at this point. I think the way Joyce has been hitting all season granted he has not played full time but when he has gotten his chance he has been clutch more times then not. I trust him and his bat to produce more then Cutch would if he would play everyday at this point. McCutchen is not a threat in this lineup at all now the way he is playing. 
Ecbucs

What to do with Cutch???

Post by Ecbucs »

46617074716C53677071716C150 wrote: He needs to bat 6th or 7th. 

He is still the best option to run out there every day.  Frazier or Joyce are not taking his spot. I disagree at this point. I think the way Joyce has been hitting all season granted he has not played full time but when he has gotten his chance he has been clutch more times then not. I trust him and his bat to produce more then Cutch would if he would play everyday at this point. McCutchen is not a threat in this lineup at all now the way he is playing. 

Even in a bad year, Cutch is a threat. Joyce is doing great for Bucs this year but has never done anything close to it before. He is good 4th outfielder and bat off the bench. Maybe Cutch needs to sit more against tough right handers for Joyce.
SteadyFreddy

What to do with Cutch???

Post by SteadyFreddy »

193F3E293F2F5C0 wrote: He needs to bat 6th or 7th. 

Even in a bad year, Cutch is a threat. Joyce is doing great for Bucs this year but has never done anything close to it before.  He is good 4th outfielder and bat off the bench. Maybe Cutch needs to sit more against tough right handers for Joyce.
Or maybe he needs to go on the DL and get his thumb treated properly so he quits hurting the team by playing through it and not producing. I am not saying Joyce should start over Cutch all I am saying is if they had to go with Joyce in right, Marte in center and Polanco in left for a good 2-3 weeks they probably wouldn't miss too much in the lineup right now at all. Putting Cutch on the DL is the best option at this point, not running him out there everyday and watching him continue to suck and hope he gets better. That isn't working anymore.
Ecbucs

What to do with Cutch???

Post by Ecbucs »

331405010419261205040419600 wrote: He needs to bat 6th or 7th. 

Even in a bad year, Cutch is a threat. Joyce is doing great for Bucs this year but has never done anything close to it before.  He is good 4th outfielder and bat off the bench. Maybe Cutch needs to sit more against tough right handers for Joyce.
Or maybe he needs to go on the DL and get his thumb treated properly so he quits hurting the team by playing through it and not producing. I am not saying Joyce should start over Cutch all I am saying is if they had to go with Joyce in right, Marte in center and Polanco in left for a good 2-3 weeks they probably wouldn't miss too much in the lineup right now at all. Putting Cutch on the DL is the best option at this point, not running him out there everyday and watching him continue to suck and hope he gets better. That isn't working anymore.

putting him on dl sounds good and it did last year when he had the slow start too. I think management can require him to do it but for whatever reason they are not. If NH and Clint believed that Cutch would be better if he went on dl you would think they would put him on the dl.