The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: The Departed

Post by Doc »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:46 am The way the Pirates are hitting, maybe the bucs should bring him back
He’d fit right in: no talent while blocking a minor leaguer of greater ability.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:38 am Cole Tucker had a run-producing single for the Angels in the game last night against the Phillies. I can’t believe he’s still in baseball.
I thought he was out of baseball too. Just checked and he was signed by Angels on April 10. Went 10 for 32 (.313) plus 8 walks (.439 OBP) for their AAA team and got recalled by Angels yesterday (April 29) when they DFA'd Aaron Hicks.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

LHP Chasen Shreve signs a minor league contract with the Texas Rangers. This will be his 8th organization. Amazing, seeing he has a career ERA of 3.97 which isn't awful.
Javy

Post by Javy »

Not Pirates related directly, but long-time, absolutely horrible ML umpire Angel Hernandez "retired" yesterday.
Worst umpire I EVER saw, and that includes Joe West.

Good riddance
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Javy wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:48 pm Not Pirates related directly, but long-time, absolutely horrible ML umpire Angel Hernandez "retired" yesterday.

Good riddance
WOO-HOO! Strange to do it in May instead of after the season.

I find it interesting that around the same time this was announced, MLB also announced that it is unlikely the robo ball/strikes would come to MLB in 2024. Could there have been a deal? Firing incompetent umpires is nearly impossible. Hernandez should have been gone years ago. And his terrible calls always spurred talk of having the robo call system in MLB. I'm sure the umpires union doesn't want that. Suddenly Hernandez voluntarily steps down and suddenly the robo system does not appear to be on the MLB agenda. Hmmm.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Javy

Post by Javy »

Bobster wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 2:36 pm
Javy wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:48 pm Not Pirates related directly, but long-time, absolutely horrible ML umpire Angel Hernandez "retired" yesterday.

Good riddance

I find it interesting that around the same time this was announced, MLB also announced that it is unlikely the robo ball/strikes would come to MLB in 2024. Could there have been a deal? Firing incompetent umpires is nearly impossible. Hernandez should have been gone years ago. And his terrible calls always spurred talk of having the robo call system in MLB. I'm sure the umpires union doesn't want that. Suddenly Hernandez voluntarily steps down and suddenly the robo system does not appear to be on the MLB agenda. Hmmm.
if they made a deal with the devil, and it resulted in getting rid of this hack, then it was a great deal. interesting that he hadn't umped since May 9th!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bobster wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 2:36 pm

Good riddance

Interesting take, I certainly am inclined to agree with you that you're 100% spot on that it went down the way you say.