Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

The defense screwed up and that is Narduzzi's specialty. >:( >:( >:( >:(
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

Talks a good game, and that's where it ends.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4075626269506262696E62070 wrote: Talks a good game, and that's where it ends.
Funny how you never hear from some people when Pitt wins. Like the victories over Clemson, Tennessee, and Georgia Tech.
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

Spare me. Tennessee hasn't been relevant since I lived there. That was 20 years ago. Clemson? You must think Trevor Lawrence plays for them. Ga Tech? You're serious?

Come on.

Maybe the reason I don't comment on Pitt much is because they continuoulsly fall short. This is only the most recent exampe.

I understand how challenging it is for urban schools. Team's going nowhere under Narduzzi and you know that. At least, you should.

It's one thing to be a homeboy, but come on.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

162334343F0634343F3834510 wrote: Spare me.  Tennessee hasn't been relevant since I lived there.  That was 20 years ago.  Clemson? You must think Trevor Lawrence plays for them.  Ga Tech?  You're serious?

Come on. 

Maybe the reason I don't comment on Pitt much is because they continuoulsly fall short.  This is only the most recent exampe.

I understand how challenging it is for urban schools.  Team's going nowhere under Narduzzi and you know that.  At least, you should.

It's one thing to be a homeboy, but come on.
It's very easy to criticize, isn't it. Like I said, never hear from people when a team wins. Obviously you didn't watch the game. It could have easily gone the other way. It really came down to one play.
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

I watched what I needed to.  Yes, it could have gone either way. Wont go your way very often when there's a lack of discipline. Why is that? Coaching.

With certain guys- the two of us have discussed a few over the years- it seems that it hardly ever goes their way when the national spotlight shines on them.

Kenny's made the season exciting.  A team-wide effort of showing what we know, but hoped it would be different this time through.

Pitt's not alone.  See Iowa.

Narduzzi's not the man.  It's who we have.  So...
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

Hey GW, who said Narduzzi was the fault for the loss? All I said was Pitt screwed up implementing Narduzzi's defense. How about hijacking another topic.
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

7C5D557C575F380 wrote: Hey GW, who said Narduzzi was the fault for the loss?  All I said was Pitt screwed up implementing Narduzzi's defense.  How about hijacking another topic.

I did.  But, I didn't limit to him.  I don't think I was hijacking.  It was a comment on yesterday's game.

When a team's that sloppy on tacking, PENALTIES galore, and a couple interceptions, it tells me that there's some element of a lack of overall discipline.  Discipline begins with head coaches.

This was what I call a "kitchen sink" loss.  This game should have been won.  I can see two losses, but not to these two teams.

The rest was a reaction to Dave's comment about other games after he commented on my reaction.  I'm surprised that this is considered hijacking.  It wasn't intended to be.
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

Hey Dave,

This is a screwy game. Pitt looks good for a while and then does dumb things. Could this be another W.Michigan game?
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

Hail to Pitt. It looks like they might beat the spread. The Final is 75-29.