Pitt Football

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Watched the Pitt- Tennessee game played at Tennessee which is a

very tough place to play. Pitt won 41-34.to improve to 2-0. Pitt QB, Kenny Pickett, really looked good.
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

I was wondering when you were going to start a thread about Pitt. I listened to most of the game on the radio. I was scared as heck early on with the blocked punt and all. I have come to the conclusion that either the Vols are not a real good team or that the Panthers have the makings of a darn good team that can compete in the ACC.

As for Pickett, yes he has become a darn good QB.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

103139103B33540 wrote: I was wondering when you were going to start a thread about Pitt.  I listened to most of the game on the radio.  I was scared as heck early on with the blocked punt and all.  I have come to the conclusion that either the Vols are not a real good team or that the Panthers have the makings of a darn good team that can compete in the ACC.

As for Pickett, yes he has become a darn good QB.
Don't know about capturing the ACC but they are much improved If Pickett stays healthy, they should be in most games.
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

Hey there, the Panthers kicked some serious butt this afternoon. I can't stand listening to Hilgrove on the radio so I kinda followed it on the web. What a great win after last week. Picket sure as heck got some exercise with his arm. They still need to work on the rushing offense. Say Hi to the Mrs for us.

PITT is IT :D :D :D :D :D
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

06272F062D25420 wrote: Hey there, the Panthers kicked some serious butt this afternoon.  I can't stand listening to Hilgrove on the radio so I kinda followed it on the web.  What a great win after last week.  Picket sure as heck got some exercise with his arm. They still need to work on the rushing offense.  Say Hi to the Mrs for us.

PITT is IT :D :D :D :D :D
Honestly, I take no joy in beating some

cupcake like New Hampshire 77-7. New Hampshire came just for the payday- $425,000. I am still fuming over the Western Michigan loss last week
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

Let's go Pitt! 28-7 with 11 minutes left in 1st half. They sure are making Georgia Tech live up to their name, "The Rambin Wreck", so far this afternoon. Picket is playing like he wants to be a 1st round draft choice.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

42636B426961060 wrote: Let's go Pitt!  28-7 with 11 minutes left in 1st half.  They sure are making Georgia Tech live up to their name, "The Rambin Wreck", so far this afternoon.  Picket is playing like he wants to be a 1st round draft choice.
Big one today at Virginia Tech
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

I was listening to 93.7 the Fan yesterday afternoon and they were asking "What is a Hokie?" So I Googled it and say a nice history of the mascot from almost day one. It seems to me that it is a "turkey". Just some southern term for a turkey. ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have my fingers crossed that they don't lay an egg in this game.
Bobster21

Pitt Football

Post by Bobster21 »

I'm watching the Pitt/VT game but the announcers are incredibly annoying. Just like the Pirates announcers, these clowns think we are watching to be entertained by them rather than the game. The game seems like an afterthought while they joke around with each other and tell stories.
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

I'm listening to it on the radio and Pitt legend Bill Hillgrove doing the play-by-play.