Pitt Football

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0A2C2B3E373B2C3A32590 wrote: Big game this weekend. Duke comes to town with a 7-3 record. Pitt at  6-4. A win over Duke would be a big step to a better bowl

Three losses where they gave up 17+ points in the 4th quarter, some serious shoulda, woulda, coulda there. Then there was the OT loss to Tennessee, which climbed to number 1 at one point and currently 5th, would have looked almost a win. Probably a couple Slovis INT's away from a one loss season right now. Proud of how they've responded.
Some knock Narduzzi but I think he does a good job
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Pitt defeats Duke 28-26 in a game they didn't deserve to win

But we'll take it!!
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Panthers blowout Miami 42-16. They were 4-4 at the end of October and finished 8-4. I would say that is quite respectable.

Waiting to see which bowl they are invited too
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

Sun Bowl and UCLA.
Surgnbuck

Pitt Football

Post by Surgnbuck »

122730303B0230303B3C30550 wrote: Sun Bowl and UCLA.
A December 30 game, I'll take it. I like it's against UCLA, I mentioned in another post I cheer for Pitt, NC St. and UCLA.

But I'm Pitt all the way on this one!
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

Of course, I'll be hoping that our blue & gold beats theirs.

I just wish that I could get excited about it.

I try to prevent myself from being change-resistant.  I go along with most things unless I have a firm conviction against it.  With a zillion bowl games, I shrug.  Most mean little, except to the players and those who love them.

I liked it so much more when there was a handful and most were on NYD.  Is too much of a good thing.....a good thing?  Sometimes, I think not.
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

Per the PG: Slovis to enter the transfer portocl.

Narduzzi needs to get busy finding a QB for next season.
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

I get a kick out of it when the author writes that Pitt has ***only*** five QBs on the roster.

Only five?

They have the new commit; that's six.

I wouldn't be able to remember six names.
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

Phil Jurkovec commits to the Panthers. Frank Cignetti Jr. did the recruiting. He worked with Jurkovec at BC in his best years. H2P
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

79585079525A3D0 wrote: Phil Jurkovec commits to the Panthers.  Frank Cignetti Jr. did the recruiting.  He worked with Jurkovec at BC in his best years.  H2P
As soon as Slovis announced he was leaving, Jurkovec jumped right in. That's the nature of College Sports today.