Bradshaw's comments re Tomlin.

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I saw the show in which Bradshaw gave his opinion of Tomlin so nothing was taken out of context. Bradshaw was vehement in saying Tomlin was not a great coach and that Tomlin's name was never in a discussion of great coaches in Bradshaw's opinion.

I was glad to hear that. I think Tomlin is very overrated and makes poor in game decisions including clock management and needlessly losing points by unnecessarily going for 2 point conversions. And too many failed draft picks. He scares me in each game with his sometimes silly decisions. Tomlin fans are quick to point out he is the 8th HC to win 100 games by his 10th season and got to 100 wins faster than any other Steeler HC. But most rookie coaches inherit a bad team after the previous HC is fired and suffer several years of losing before turning things around. Tomlin was in a unique situation when hired because he inherited a team 1 year removed from a Super bowl championship because the previous HC retired. Given that advantage, it would have been unusual for him not to acquire 100 wins quicker than most. Chuck Noll took over a horrible Steeler team that was a laughingstock in the 1960s. Cowher took over a team that had 4 losing seasons in the previous 7 years. I agree with Bradshaw.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

While I cant comment on Tomlin as a coach I do think he is a smart man. Being a graduate of the College of William & Mary speaks loads about his intellect. But that does not speak for the quality of his coaching.

My problem with Bradshaw's comments is that he is one to talk. Guy was called "Marble Head by a lot of fans and he lived up to it. He was not the brightest guy on the team. Give Big Ben a team like Bradshaw had behind him and he would have 6 Superbowl Trophies all of his own.

And Bradshaw could not get along with the one coach for the Stillers who was great and the key to the rebuilding of the team and the "Stiller Nation" one Charles Henry Noll.

Terry I'm afraid is an ego maniac with not to many smarts other than knowing a bit about football and having a talented run away mouth.

So I give Tomlin a break cause I do not follow the team as close as I do the Bucs and the Pens. Just my 2 cents worth.
TBird

Post by TBird »

I think Tomlin is more bark than bite IMO..Never a fan of Tom Henley either... I think Big Ben's play calling is his own sometimes.. If you always do a 2 pt conversion the other team adjusts their schemes for it that's why they haven't been too successful in their attempts lately, I think the one game we lost was because of all the 2 pt conversion tries..I wish that they bring in Kessel to help out with the Defensive line.. He played with some of the players and he is respected too..