Kneeling during National Anthem

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Sad to see that baseball get involved with politics and kneeling during National Anthem. I hope the Pirates don't participate, but if they do, I'm done. Just impossible to understand why these millionaires feel entitled to disrespect this country. Maybe they should go and play in China.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

534B494E4E59484F525345200 wrote: Sad to see that baseball get involved with politics and kneeling during National Anthem.  I hope the Pirates don't participate, but if they do, I'm done.  Just impossible to understand why these millionaires feel entitled to disrespect this country.  Maybe they should go and play in China.

I bet no one in China kneels (or at least not more than once) when they play the Chinese national anthem.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

Thread off to a strong start

We're already getting China involved!

Should be many unique, fresh, open minded,thoughtful and nuanced points presented here. I look forward to learning from many informed perspectives and viewpoints from intellectually curious folk here, that are looking to find solutions and positive changes to the world that surrounds us.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

It wasn't that big of a deal until the people who don't like it made a big deal out of it.
shedman

Post by shedman »

50484A4D4D5A4B4C515046230 wrote: Sad to see that baseball get involved with politics and kneeling during National Anthem.  I hope the Pirates don't participate, but if they do, I'm done.  Just impossible to understand why these millionaires feel entitled to disrespect this country.  Maybe they should go and play in China.
______

I agree, if the Pirates participate, I will no longer watch them as they can join the NFL and the NBA in oblivion.
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

4C67667B6078614D7A6C6C600F0 wrote: Thread off to a strong start

We're already getting China involved!

Should be many unique, fresh, open minded,thoughtful and nuanced points presented here. I look forward to learning from many informed perspectives and viewpoints from intellectually curious folk here, that are looking to find solutions and positive changes to the world that surrounds us.

Agreed! Looking forward to a robust, spirited debate with many nuances!
BenM

Post by BenM »

223A383F3F28393E232234510 wrote: Sad to see that baseball get involved with politics and kneeling during National Anthem.  I hope the Pirates don't participate, but if they do, I'm done.  Just impossible to understand why these millionaires feel entitled to disrespect this country.  Maybe they should go and play in China.

You do know that they knelt before, not during, the anthem?

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1286452 ... 69057?s=20

I think Mookie Betts was the only player to kneel during last night.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

I have had more than enough family members die while serving this country. My son is currently in the Army.

However we cannot look at this as being unpatriotic

We must look at it as exercising our freedom of speech and freedom to protest which are some of the values we as a nation have fought for.

Being alive during the Civil Rights movement I truly believed that racial equality and harmony was being addressed. I was wrong.

The election of 2016, the BLM movement opened my eyes to see that our country is divided not united.

I am hopeful that real change will occur and we can hopefully become a real UNITED States. When that happens we can enjoy our sports without debating the kneeling during the anthem
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

7C5B50733E0 wrote: Sad to see that baseball get involved with politics and kneeling during National Anthem.  I hope the Pirates don't participate, but if they do, I'm done.  Just impossible to understand why these millionaires feel entitled to disrespect this country.  Maybe they should go and play in China.

You do know that they knelt before, not during, the anthem?

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1286452 ... 69057?s=20

I think Mookie Betts was the only player to kneel during last night.

I believe I saw where the Giants kneeled during the anthem. It will remain to see who does what but definitely some kneeled during the anthem. MLB should have gotten ahead of this, baseball doesn't need anymore damage done to it by this stupid kneeling garbage. MLB Baseball may be dead.
shedman

Post by shedman »

I am a Pirate fan. I don;t care what the other teams do. But I will be watching very closely. If the Pirates kneel during the anthem, then I am no longer a Pirate fan.