NFL Pro Bowl

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

NFL Pro Bowl

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

132631313A0331313A3D31540 wrote: Let me know if I have this right.

Here we have high and mighty WWD, the chauffer-driven Grey Poupon eating Snob of Sports Guys, who can't lower himself to watch the NFL Pro Bowl, but he can't get enough watching the Pirates who have had fewer than a handful of winning seasons since Sid Bream rounded third.  Then, there's Pitt basketball.

I'll tell ya.  ;)))))

===========

You know I'm just bustin' yer stones.
WildwoodDave2

NFL Pro Bowl

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7947424A5941414A6A4F584B1C2E0 wrote: Let me know if I have this right.

Here we have high and mighty WWD, the chauffer-driven Grey Poupon eating Snob of Sports Guys, who can't lower himself to watch the NFL Pro Bowl, but he can't get enough watching the Pirates who have had fewer than a handful of winning seasons since Sid Bream rounded third.  Then, there's Pitt basketball.

I'll tell ya.  ;)))))

===========

You know I'm just bustin' yer stones.

Oh Ok, because I was going to say, " I know you are talking out of your A$$, because your mouth knows better"
GreenWeenie

NFL Pro Bowl

Post by GreenWeenie »

I would think that, by now, even the most casual of NFL fans thoroughly understand what to expect by now of the Pro Bowl.

So, you watched it, then bitched about watching it.

I'd ask- why'd you watch it- even for those minutes (or, so you say)- in the first place?  You should have known.  ;) 

Want to know why I'm not complaining about the Pro Bowl?  Because I knew enough not to watch it.  I don't take any of the All Star Games all that seriously, and haven't for a long time.  Many of the best players choose to sit out.  Undeserving players attend it.  The games don't mean anything.  They've lost their interest for me. 

The game's been criticized a lot in recent years.  The trend toward less serious play began right around the time that questions about concussions and other injuries hit the spotlight.  This is nothing new.

All of that said, 56k people attended the game.  So....that says a lot right there.  Enough people wanted to see it.  Don't ask me why, but they had their reasons.  Just goes to show the popularity, I guess. 
WildwoodDave2

NFL Pro Bowl

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

744156565D6456565D5A56330 wrote: I would think that, by now, even the most casual of NFL fans thoroughly understand what to expect by now of the Pro Bowl.

So, you watched it, then bitched about watching it.

I'd ask- why'd you watch it- even for those minutes (or, so you say)- in the first place?  You should have known.  ;) 

Want to know why I'm not complaining about the Pro Bowl?  Because I knew enough not to watch it.  I don't take any of the All Star Games all that seriously, and haven't for a long time.  Many of the best players choose to sit out.  Undeserving players attend it.  The games don't mean anything.  They've lost their interest for me. 

The game's been criticized a lot in recent years.  The trend toward less serious play began right around the time that questions about concussions and other injuries hit the spotlight.  This is nothing new.

All of that said, 56k people attended the game.  So....that says a lot right there.  Enough people wanted to see it.  Don't ask me why, but they had their reasons.  Just goes to show the popularity, I guess. 
I believe I have said it before- Difficult to watch when one doesn't have a TV. Maybe we should start a Weenie Fund on here so you can purchase one. Problem is, how many would donate? Another problem- You would complain about the Cable price
GreenWeenie

NFL Pro Bowl

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm intelligent enough that I know whether something's worth watching.

You watch, then moan about watching.  That makes a lot of sense. 

If I start a fund, it will be a fund to take yours OUT, so you stop making dumb decisions like that.  ;)
WildwoodDave2

NFL Pro Bowl

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5164737378417373787F73160 wrote: I'm intelligent enough that I know whether something's worth watching.

If I start a fund, it will be a fund to take yours OUT, so you stop making dumb decisions like that.  ;)
Obviously I wasn't the only one who watched it. I wasn't the one who started this thread. Try watching ESPN and see what they said about the game. Opps I forgot, You can't.
WildwoodDave2

NFL Pro Bowl

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

122C2921322A2A210124332077450 wrote: I'm intelligent enough that I know whether something's worth watching.

Obviously I wasn't the only one who watched it. I wasn't the one who started this thread. Try watching ESPN and see what they said about the game. Opps I forgot, You can't.
GreenWeenie

NFL Pro Bowl

Post by GreenWeenie »

I can't watch ESPN on the internet?  Boy, Wildwood's behind the times!  I listen to ESPN Radio every day.

So, you aren't the one who should know the obvious.  The Pro Bowl is like the Pirates.  It is....what it is.
DemDog

NFL Pro Bowl

Post by DemDog »

6D584F4F447D4F4F44434F2A0 wrote: I'm intelligent enough that I know whether something's worth watching.

[highlight]If I start a fund, it will be a fund to take yours OUT, so you stop making dumb decisions like that.  ;)[/highlight]

GW, will you take PayPal for my donation to take OUT WWD2's tv? ;) ;) ;) ;)
GreenWeenie

NFL Pro Bowl

Post by GreenWeenie »

Absolutely n o t. Your money's no good in these parts. I'll pay your part for you. ;)

---------------

Geez to heavens Louise. I thought by now that everyone on earth knew about the Pro Bowl. I find it hard to believe that WWD thought that it would be hard hitting and all that. People have been saying the same thing for a few years now. So much so that I stopped watching it.

Ben Franklin said it best well over 200 years ago. "Common sense isn't so common." It's the NFL. Those guys have agreements with each other to take it easy. Many have the same agents. Their own teams don't want them to get hurt. I guess the news hasn't made it out to Wildwood yet, even though Dave HAS a TV. @@@@@@@

I guess he's going to have to find something else to do the weekend before the Super Bowl. Maybe he should take up bow hunting or something. ;))))))