Pitt Basketball

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

546A6F67746C6C674762756631030 wrote: No comment re Basketball per se.  Something finally caught my eye.  It it me, or are there two Pitt Basketball threads?  Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  Just thought I'd ask.

The sarcast that I am, I wonder why there's even one.  ;) 

If all you can go is be sarcastic then you are respectfully invited to post no more in this thread.  You will not be greatly missed.

Pitt loses 54-53 to Minnesota in the ACC -Big Ten Challenge. Pitt led most of the way but couldn't hang on.They are now 2-5
The poor guys are snake bit. They lost their opening ACC game 57-56 to always tough Virginia to drop to 2-6. Second game in a row they have lost by one point. However, as Bill Parcells once said, "you are what your record says you are"
DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

The Panthers are a 3 pt underdog in tonight's home game against Colgate. Go figure!
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7A5B537A51593E0 wrote: The Panthers are a 3 pt underdog in tonight's home game against Colgate.  Go figure!
Colgate is better than many people think. They made the NCAA Tourney the last two years and figure to make it this year as well.

Pitt won 71-68 to go to 3-6
Bobster21

Pitt Basketball

Post by Bobster21 »

As a Maryland Terps fan I was (pleasantly) surprised that Mark Turgeon was fired last week. Good recruiter/bad coach. His talented teams always underperformed.
DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

4F626F7E79687F3F3C0D0 wrote: As a Maryland Terps fan I was (pleasantly) surprised that Mark Turgeon was fired last week. Good recruiter/bad coach. His talented teams always underperformed.

I have been a closet Terps fan since the days of Lefty Driesell and PA high school great Tom McMillen. It is a shame that the Terps defected to the Big 10.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

674A47565140571714250 wrote: As a Maryland Terps fan I was (pleasantly) surprised that Mark Turgeon was fired last week. Good recruiter/bad coach. His talented teams always underperformed.
When you have talented players and the team

underperforms, you will be shown the door
Bobster21

Pitt Basketball

Post by Bobster21 »

5F7E765F747C1B0 wrote: As a Maryland Terps fan I was (pleasantly) surprised that Mark Turgeon was fired last week. Good recruiter/bad coach. His talented teams always underperformed.

I have been a closet Terps fan since the days of Lefty Driesell and PA high school great Tom McMillen.  It is a shame that the Terps defected to the Big 10.

Yes, I really liked the ACC. But even the ACC has changed so much over the years.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

183538292E3F28686B5A0 wrote: As a Maryland Terps fan I was (pleasantly) surprised that Mark Turgeon was fired last week. Good recruiter/bad coach. His talented teams always underperformed.

I have been a closet Terps fan since the days of Lefty Driesell and PA high school great Tom McMillen.  It is a shame that the Terps defected to the Big 10.

Yes, I really liked the ACC. But even the ACC has changed so much over the years.
There are many who think that the reason Jamie Dixon left Pitt was that he felt Pitt could not effectively compete in the ACC.
GreenWeenie

Pitt Basketball

Post by GreenWeenie »

That, and he knew that his early NCAAT exits more often than not were beginning to wear thin. He saw the opportune moment. And, let's face it. JD wasn't adverse to money. He would have left TCU if they would've let him out to go to UCLA. "ACC" is an easy sell.
DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

I don't think JD was that good of a recruiter. He needed his players to play for the team for more than a year as many players from the ACC now do.