Pitt Basketball

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Re: Pitt Basketball

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Pitts starting point guard Bub Carrington, is only 18 yrs old and seems to be gettin better and better..Their other Guard is
a freshman as well. . Federiko needs to bet better. Blake Hinson, who I mentioned earlier is a bonafide star. They also have
more depth than usual. ACC play begins in January. Not on par with Duke, NC and Miami but not many teams are
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Panthers improve to 8-3 with a 86-49 blowout of South Carolina State.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

The Panthers improve to 9-3 with a 62-48 win over Purdue FT. Wayne. The visitors ( Ft.Wayne 11-2)
who play in the Horizon Conference were expected to give the Panthers trouble because of their
high powered offense. They had been averaging 84 points a game. Next up at Syracuse
Possum

Post by Possum »

I know you have been busy with your own high school tourney to follow the Panthers game yesterday. I listened to the first half and thought they could beat the Orange but was disappointed that they let the game get away from them because they couldn't make foul shots and they turned the ball over too much. Let's hope that Capel can get them ready for the rematch on Jan 16 @ the Pete.
Let's Go Bucs
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I taped the game possum and watched it last night even though I watched enough basketball
this past week ( 84 games) to last a life time. Lousy foul shooting and leaky defense in the second
half really hurt.Hope I'm wrong, but NIT seems to be where they are headed
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Live by the 3 and die by the 3. 5-29 from behind the Arc explains the loss to North Carolina last night.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:47 pm Live by the 3 and die by the 3. 5-29 from behind the Arc explains the loss to North Carolina last night.
From what I could tell Blake Hinson stunk the joint out last night but standing around and throwing up the 3 from the sideline Arc. He is talented enough to take it to the hoop and draw the defense to him. This might set up his 3 pt shot.
Let's Go Bucs
Possum

Post by Possum »

Big win in ACC play Pitt 83 Louisville 70. :D :D :D :D
Let's Go Bucs
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

They really needed this one- Up next up is Duke. Doesn't get any easier
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Panthers didn't show up last night in a 75-53 loss to Duke. Panthers are now 10-6 and 1-4 in the ACC