I Don't Like Seeing Guys On a Downward Spiral

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

It brings no enjoyment to me to hear of guys who are in trouble, but it looks like Bob Huggins, coach at WVU for the time being is in trouble.

To go along with some recent poor showings that he's been punished by WVU for, he faces DUI charges.  This is not his first offense.

I'm thinking that WVU will be searching for a new men's head BB coach before the start of the season, or at least name an interim. 

I also hope that Coach Huggins seeks help and that he benefits from it.

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Coach Huggins resigned. Tough situation. He obviously had to. I hope that this is not what he would be remembered for the most.

The region's programs are too good for it to be affected by this.

As Dave knows, coaches serve as role models for their players, their schools, and sometimes even their communities. Exercising good judgment in conducting their personal lives is part of the deal.

I hope that he makes out well in the end. Just not well enough to beat Pitt.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

784D5A5A51685A5A51565A3F0 wrote: Coach Huggins resigned.  Tough situation.  He obviously had to.  I hope that this is not what he would be remembered for the most. 

The region's programs are too good for it to be affected by this.

As Dave knows, coaches serve as role models for their players, their schools, and sometimes even their communities.  Exercising good judgment in conducting their personal lives is part of the deal. 

I hope that he makes out well in the end.  Just not well enough to beat Pitt.
Saying that he didn't resign, Huggins now wants his

job back. Did it take him this long to sober up?