Steelers

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Steelers

Post by Bobster21 »

Between the unlikely Jacksonville upset of the Colts and the last second avoidance of a tie in the Raiders/Chargers game following a curious timeout, it looks like the Steelers were destined to make the playoffs. But I will be surprised if they make a game of it vs KC.
GreenWeenie

Steelers

Post by GreenWeenie »

I won't.

Not that I think that the Stillers are any great shakes. I dont think the Chiefs are, either. I think the Chiefs will win, though.

This time of season, it's survival of the fittest. Tanks have to be running low.
WildwoodDave2

Steelers

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6F424F5E59485F1F1C2D0 wrote: Between the unlikely Jacksonville upset of the Colts and the last second avoidance of a tie in the Raiders/Chargers game following a curious timeout, it looks like the Steelers were destined to make the playoffs. But I will be surprised if they make a game of it vs KC.
They have to be able to run the ball to keep Mahomes off the field
GreenWeenie

Steelers

Post by GreenWeenie »

I can think of another way. Of course, they could do it to our guy. Roll out the ball. See what shakes.
WildwoodDave2

Steelers

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

093C2B2B20192B2B20272B4E0 wrote: I can think of another way.  Of course, they could do it to our guy.  Roll out the ball.  See what shakes.
After last nights playoff game, it is very apparent that they have a lot of work to do.
GreenWeenie

Steelers

Post by GreenWeenie »

Indeed they do. But, that's been the case. Ben hung on too long, in part because those behind him have shown nothing at all to indicate they're ready to compete at the highest level.

As Colin Cowherd has said, "Between Terry Bradshaw and Big Ben, there are a lot of Bubby Bristers." That wasn't a shot at the Steelers or many other teams. His point is that it's rare for a team to go straight from a Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers or from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck. That's because teams that have good quarterbacks don't tend to draft high enough to get the young studs. They have to rely on either development or free agency in most cases.

I just hope we get a better QB than whomever the Browns have next season. I'm giving the upper hand to the Bengals and Ravens in the meantime.0
WildwoodDave2

Steelers

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

261304040F3604040F0804610 wrote: Indeed they do.  But, that's been the case.  Ben hung on too long, in part because those behind him have shown nothing at all to indicate they're ready to compete at the highest level. 

As Colin Cowherd has said, "Between Terry Bradshaw and Big Ben, there are a lot of Bubby Bristers."  That wasn't a shot at the Steelers or many other teams.  His point is that it's rare for a team to go straight from a Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers or from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck.  That's because teams that have good quarterbacks don't tend to draft high enough to get the young studs.  They have to rely on either development or free agency in most cases.

I just hope we get a better QB than whomever the Browns have next season.  I'm giving the upper hand to the Bengals and Ravens in the meantime.0
Agreed. I do believe the Bengals will be the class of the division foe a while. A very talented group of young players especially Joe Burrow at QB
GreenWeenie

Steelers

Post by GreenWeenie »

66585D55465E5E557550475403310 wrote: Indeed they do.  But, that's been the case.  Ben hung on too long, in part because those behind him have shown nothing at all to indicate they're ready to compete at the highest level. 

As Colin Cowherd has said, "Between Terry Bradshaw and Big Ben, there are a lot of Bubby Bristers."  That wasn't a shot at the Steelers or many other teams.  His point is that it's rare for a team to go straight from a Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers or from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck.  That's because teams that have good quarterbacks don't tend to draft high enough to get the young studs.  They have to rely on either development or free agency in most cases.

I just hope we get a better QB than whomever the Browns have next season.  I'm giving the upper hand to the Bengals and Ravens in the meantime.0
Agreed. I do believe the Bengals will be the class of the division foe a while. A very talented group of young players especially Joe Burrow at QB

My understanding is that some of their success had to do with the benefit of cap space and some good pick ups.

The Bengals and the Ravens have the QBs. It's a QB-driven league. Without one, teams have to be sure that all other positions are good. With one, it can take some of that need away. Of the two, I'd give the Bengals that edge because Jackson's more risky. He hasn't been a pocket QB.

I won't put the Bengals on any pedestal quite yet. They've got to earn it, and the jury's going to be out for a while.

WildwoodDave2

Steelers

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

132631313A0331313A3D31540 wrote: Indeed they do.  But, that's been the case.  Ben hung on too long, in part because those behind him have shown nothing at all to indicate they're ready to compete at the highest level. 

My understanding is that some of their success had to do with the benefit of cap space and some good pick ups. 

The Bengals and the Ravens have the QBs.  It's a QB-driven league.  Without one, teams have to be sure that all other positions are good.  With one, it can take some of that need away.  Of the two, I'd give the Bengals that edge because Jackson's more risky.  He hasn't been a pocket QB.

I won't put the Bengals on any pedestal quite yet.  They've got to earn it, and the jury's going to be out for a while.

Steelers T.J. Watt named NFL Defensive Player of the year, Congrats T.J.
WildwoodDave2

Steelers

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1826232B3820202B0B2E392A7D4F0 wrote: Indeed they do.  But, that's been the case.  Ben hung on too long, in part because those behind him have shown nothing at all to indicate they're ready to compete at the highest level. 

The Bengals and the Ravens have the QBs.  It's a QB-driven league.  Without one, teams have to be sure that all other positions are good.  With one, it can take some of that need away.  Of the two, I'd give the Bengals that edge because Jackson's more risky.  He hasn't been a pocket QB.

I won't put the Bengals on any pedestal quite yet.  They've got to earn it, and the jury's going to be out for a while.

Steelers T.J. Watt named NFL Defensive Player of the year, Congrats T.J.
Steelers hire Brian Flores as Defensive Assistant and Linebacker Coach