Steelers

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChillinStation

Steelers

Post by ChillinStation »

I like the Trubisky move. The money is nothing, lets see what happens. Colbert and Tomlin both have been trying to learn how to scout a QB, the last few years. Those 2 have been doing work for sure, and do not under estimate them.
WildwoodDave2

Steelers

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

416A6B6E6E6B6C517663766B6D6C020 wrote: I like the Trubisky move. The money is nothing, lets see what happens. Colbert and Tomlin both have been trying to learn how to scout a QB, the last few years. Those 2 have been doing work for sure, and do not under estimate them.
I agree.They are nowable to address other needed areas as well
WildwoodDave2

Steelers

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7D505D4C4B5A4D0D0E3F0 wrote: Between the unlikely Jacksonville upset of the Colts and the last second avoidance of a tie in the Raiders/Chargers game following a curious timeout, it looks like the Steelers were destined to make the playoffs. But I will be surprised if they make a game of it vs KC.
Sad to report that Steeler QB was hit by a car this morning and was killed. Only 24 RIP
WildwoodDave2

Steelers

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

526C6961726A6A614164736037050 wrote: Between the unlikely Jacksonville upset of the Colts and the last second avoidance of a tie in the Raiders/Chargers game following a curious timeout, it looks like the Steelers were destined to make the playoffs. But I will be surprised if they make a game of it vs KC.
Sad to report that Steeler QB was hit by a car this morning and was killed. Only 24  RIP
Since we are talking QBs I think it was a smart move signing Kenny Pickett. I look for him to eventually be a very good NFL QB

for the Steelers
ArnoldRothstein

Steelers

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

The Pirate minor leaguer of the same name occasionally brings to mind "Bad Henry" Davis. A linebacker, he and Frenchy Fuqua were acquired in a trade with the Giants for QB Dick Shiner. Davis played four years with the Steelers, made the Pro Bowl in 1972, and left football after the 1973 season, at 31.

My question: Bad Henry was drafted out of Grambling in 1968, when he was 25 years old. Does anyone know if he was in the military or some such before football?
DemDog

Steelers

Post by DemDog »

12213D3C3F37013C273B2027363A3D530 wrote: The Pirate minor leaguer of the same name occasionally brings to mind "Bad Henry" Davis. A linebacker, he and Frenchy Fuqua were acquired in a trade with the Giants for QB Dick Shiner. Davis played four years with the Steelers, made the Pro Bowl in 1972, and left football after the 1973 season, at 31.

My question: Bad Henry was drafted out of Grambling in 1968, when he was 25 years old. Does anyone know if he was in the military or some such before football?

Those were the Vietnam years and perhaps he was drafted into the Army or he enlisted. If that is so, it is possible that he was that old.
WildwoodDave2

Steelers

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Was telling Possum this morning If the Bucs keep playing the

way they have been playing and the Steelers opening training camp soon, the bucs will be an after thought
PooperScooper !

Re: Steelers

Post by PooperScooper ! »

I would trade Trubisky to Bills as they are looking for a backup. Also Dotson could fit in Dallas as a starter/ backup . Omar is working on something for sure. I like him so far. :D
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

After watching the Steelers and Pitt this weekend and not to mention the bucs, I say "Lets go Pens"
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Steelers even their record at 1-1 with a 26-22 win over the Browns
Offense has to get better. Defense saved the day scoring 2 TD's