SKENES

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Re: SKENES

Post by fjk090852-7 »

That is a little disappointing that his upcoming start won’t be in Pittsburgh. Hopefully his following start will be in Pittsburgh. I wonder, since this Sunday start is in Indy, the Indians Brass asked the Pirates if they could have Skenes pitch there due to the expected attendance. We will never know, but this could be reason why this upcoming start is not in Pittsburgh.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:27 pm They mentioned on The Fan this morning that the Pirates still are stretching out Skenes.

Their biggest woes are offensively. The success of the pitching staff has bought them more time to drag their feet. He could come up and be the next guy losing games 2-1.

Also, they could finish stretching him out in the majors. There is nothing to prove at AAA. And the team he's scheduled to face Sunday is the one he just handed their ass to. So what's the point of pitching against them?

Is it a fear that now that the Pirates have floundered after the fast start, that he could possibly bomb out, like he did in his Altoona start last year?

Skenes isn't the answer. However, he IS clearly one of the best 26 in the organization. He should be on the team, either dominating, getting pounded, or somewhere in between.
They're gonna want to cash in on his debut. So it'll be at home on a Friday or Saturday. They've got the Cubs May 10-11. Next chance would be May 24-25 vs Atlanta. Not again until June 7-8 vs Twins. And the more fans grouse about the team, the more they need a good PR move. I'm guessing the late May series vs Atlanta.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Bobster wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:37 pm
Surgnbuck wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:27 pm They mentioned on The Fan this morning that the Pirates still are stretching out Skenes.

Their biggest woes are offensively. The success of the pitching staff has bought them more time to drag their feet. He could come up and be the next guy losing games 2-1.

Also, they could finish stretching him out in the majors. There is nothing to prove at AAA. And the team he's scheduled to face Sunday is the one he just handed their ass to. So what's the point of pitching against them?

Is it a fear that now that the Pirates have floundered after the fast start, that he could possibly bomb out, like he did in his Altoona start last year?

Skenes isn't the answer. However, he IS clearly one of the best 26 in the organization. He should be on the team, either dominating, getting pounded, or somewhere in between.
They're gonna want to cash in on his debut. So it'll be at home on a Friday or Saturday. They've got the Cubs May 10-11. Next chance would be May 24-25 vs Atlanta. Not again until June 7-8 vs Twins. And the more fans grouse about the team, the more they need a good PR move. I'm guessing the late May series vs Atlanta.
If they would bring him up now he could pitch at home in two games, Monday and Sunday the12th. If they wait until late May, that is a darn shame. If they wait that long why not wait until mid June when super two passes.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Courtesy of Bleacher Report- P{aul Skenes to make his Major League debut
on Saturday against the Cubsz
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:45 pm
I got so excited I misspelled Cubs
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Prediction: he'll leave after 5 innings tied 0-0.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:46 pm
I got so excited I misspelled Cubs
Yes, I believe it's Cubszz.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

This can't be.....super two! years of control!!!!!

I have to work. I hope the game is rained out, and the one after that, and they send him back to Indy, and then bring him back for Memorial Day weekend, because it's all about me, all them yinzers don't deserve to see him debut, I do.

FML
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Surgnbuck wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:59 pm This can't be.....super two! years of control!!!!!

I have to work. I hope the game is rained out, and the one after that, and they send him back to Indy, and then bring him back for Memorial Day weekend, because it's all about me, all them yinzers don't deserve to see him debut, I do.

FML
Carol had to tell me what FML means! :lol: :lol: She also enjoyed your post and said she agrees with you