Official Game Thread - 5/1 - Bucs @ A's

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Re: Official Game Thread - 5/1 - Bucs @ A's

Post by Ecbucs »

I haven't been following team closely for a couple weeks. Checking now to help get the ninth inning rally for a victory going.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Another poor outing for Bednar. That's not even news anymore.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
JollyRoger8

Post by JollyRoger8 »

As stated in another thread stated by Carolina Bucco (“2 things” which I increased to 4 things) there must be changes made before this homestand. Besides Skenes which is obvious, you have 4 guys currently tearing the cover off the ball at Indy. Bae and Lamb are hitting .391. Gonzales and Grandal are over .340
Not saying that those numbers will repeat at the Ml level but they can’t hit any worse than the starting lineup is hitting now.
We are wasting good starting pitching performances.
Can’t let the season slip away.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

JollyRoger8 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:02 pm As stated in another thread stated by Carolina Bucco (“2 things” which I increased to 4 things) there must be changes made before this homestand. Besides Skenes which is obvious, you have 4 guys currently tearing the cover off the ball at Indy. Bae and Lamb are hitting .391. Gonzales and Grandal are over .340
Not saying that those numbers will repeat at the Ml level but they can’t hit any worse than the starting lineup is hitting now.
We are wasting good starting pitching performances.
Can’t let the season slip away.
Massive changes are needed. I'd start with Shelton because he's an imbecile and he will always make winning more difficult even if the talent improves. That said, they have to improve the talent. Tellez isn't in a slump. They knew he was a poor hitter when they signed him. Ditto for Taylor. And Olivares is a run of the mill utility OFer. Davis isn't in a slump. When has he hit? For that matter, when has Cruz hit? When he batted .233 two years ago? Is Cutch in a slump or is he a 37-year-old in his 16th season whose best BA in the last 7 years is .256? Is Suwinski in a slump or is he just a guy whose career minor league BA is .239 and career MLB BA is .211? As long as the Pirates continue with this inferior talent, the results won't change. They're losing for a reason. Skenes won't make a difference. It'll just be more 1-0 losses. Let's see what Bae, Lamb and Gonzales can do besides Skenes. And with a manager who has a clue. And it's time for Cherington to stop thinking he's the smartest guy in the room with unique ideas to make the team win and just start using common sense. Scheduled days off don't win games.
There's no basement in the Alamo.