SKENES

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Carolina Bucco

SKENES

Post by Carolina Bucco »

My biggest problem with the Pirates right now is this:

If the team is trying to win this season, as it alleges, quit running Bailey Falter out there and bring up Skenes.

Skenes is the best pitcher in this organization BY A MILE (maybe not a mile ahead of Jones, but a mile ahead of everyone else).

He's probably going to go 4 or 5 innings in his next start, so let him throw those 4 or 5 innings in Pittsburgh.

But, no, he's going to be in the minors another month or so "checking boxes," as BC says ... while the Pirates continue to operate with just 4 starting pitchers even as their Best guy continues to throw what amounts to exhibition games in Indy.

Bring. Him. Up.
PooperScooper !

Re: SKENES

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Was just reading about Skenes start and watching highlights. :ugeek:

I really like the guy. No rush, just get a few more innings in AAA.

This is going to be an awesome season.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I was just looking at the Pirates schedule, and they begin a nine game home stand in early May. It also covers 2 weekends. Would this be a good time to bring Skenes to the Majors? If nothing unforeseen happens, I expect he joins the team at that time.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:13 pm I was just looking at the Pirates schedule, and they begin a nine game home stand in early May. It also covers 2 weekends. Would this be a good time to bring Skenes to the Majors? If nothing unforeseen happens, I expect he joins the team at that time.
He will be brought up whenever the deadline passes for another year of control
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:12 pm
fjk090852-7 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:13 pm I was just looking at the Pirates schedule, and they begin a nine game home stand in early May. It also covers 2 weekends. Would this be a good time to bring Skenes to the Majors? If nothing unforeseen happens, I expect he joins the team at that time.
It has passed.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:28 am
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:12 pm
It has passed.
I use those very words after every Thanksgiving dinner.
Carolina Bucco

Post by Carolina Bucco »

Skenes next start has to be in Pittsburgh.

He's the best pitcher in the system ... BY A MILE.

And if the pitch count is going to be something like 59, let him get those 59 pitches in PIttsburgh.

The Pirates need to make him the No. 1 starter and then keep the pitching coaches far away from him.
Javy

Post by Javy »

And, just like that...
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/paul ... in-minors/

Looks like Skenes wants to see some change in his pro experience. if he's frustrated now, wait until they bring him up. They'll start his pitch count at about 35!
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

65 pitches, let's see what he goes to next time. Maybe when he gets to 80 he will be promoted.