Official Game Thread - 4/14 - Bucs @ Phillies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Re: Official Game Thread - 4/14 - Bucs @ Phillies

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I just read that a Pirate fan caught Cutch's HR and his little boy
presented the ball to Cutch in the clubhouse - Story and video in the PG- Really Cool
Doc

Post by Doc »

With each game, I’m leaning more and more to believing Cruz’s future will be at first base. I’m not concerned with his offense at this early stage but his defense has a lot to be desired and could very well necessitate the move to first. He can’t continue to misplay or mishandle balls at this rate. Maybe he’ll improve but the team can’t afford to wait for a time that may never come.

I’m sure this is concerning to BC, Shelton, and most, if not all, the entire staff. I don’t know if they’ve identified the reasons for his play, whether it’s physical, mental, or a lack of preparation, including his work ethic and desire to be the best player he can be. But this team is obviously moving in the right direction and they’ll need every player to pull his weight on both sides of the ball.

I don’t know their plans for Tellez beyond this season but, if he hits 25+ HRs, they may want to bring him back and then try to work with Cruz in the offseason to improve his defense at short. But, ultimately, it’s up to Cruz to do what’s necessary. He owes it to his teammates and his own career. If he’s unwilling to put in the work at short, then they need to move him and get Peguero here to solidify the game’s most important position.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:54 pm Raise It!
From now on I am going to include in my summary what I consider to be
the Good and the Ugly of the game. If anyone would like to add to it that's fine
Good:
When this series began, I said I would be happy with a split- I am Happy
Keller pitched very good today
Cutch homers to get #300
Suwinski hit a Grand Slam off Wheeler who is a heck of a hitter
As doc said- Fleming got 3 outs on 5 pitches
My son got to see Cutch hit #300
Ugly:
Bucs struck out 47 times in this four game series- not good
Cruz- O-5 with 4k's and his usual error
We have the good, bad and ugly on a Steeler message board. Lot of guys contribute. I'm just trying to figure out how Suwinski hit a grand slam off another hitter. ;) ;)
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Doc wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:13 am With each game, I’m leaning more and more to believing Cruz’s future will be at first base. I’m not concerned with his offense at this early stage but his defense has a lot to be desired and could very well necessitate the move to first. He can’t continue to misplay or mishandle balls at this rate. Maybe he’ll improve but the team can’t afford to wait for a time that may never come.

I’m sure this is concerning to BC, Shelton, and most, if not all, the entire staff. I don’t know if they’ve identified the reasons for his play, whether it’s physical, mental, or a lack of preparation, including his work ethic and desire to be the best player he can be. But this team is obviously moving in the right direction and they’ll need every player to pull his weight on both sides of the ball.

I don’t know their plans for Tellez beyond this season but, if he hits 25+ HRs, they may want to bring him back and then try to work with Cruz in the offseason to improve his defense at short. But, ultimately, it’s up to Cruz to do what’s necessary. He owes it to his teammates and his own career. If he’s unwilling to put in the work at short, then they need to move him and get Peguero here to solidify the game’s most important position.
I agree 100% doc
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

bucs607179 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:23 am
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:54 pm Raise It!
From now on I am going to include in my summary what I consider to be
the Good and the Ugly of the game. If anyone would like to add to it that's fine
Good:
When this series began, I said I would be happy with a split- I am Happy
Keller pitched very good today
Cutch homers to get #300
Suwinski hit a Grand Slam off Wheeler who is a heck of a hitter
As doc said- Fleming got 3 outs on 5 pitches
My son got to see Cutch hit #300
Ugly:
Bucs struck out 47 times in this four game series- not good
Cruz- O-5 with 4k's and his usual error
We have the good, bad and ugly on a Steeler message board. Lot of guys contribute. I'm just trying to figure out how Suwinski hit a grand slam off another hitter. ;) ;)
Got me on that one- See no need for bad and ugly- if it's bad it't ugly