2024 Official Minors Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Re: 2024 Official Minors Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Doc wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:11 pm Last night, Peguero was five for five while Skenes worked three innings, allowing no runs, one hit, striking out six and walking one.
Yet, no one is calling for him to come up.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:15 pm
Doc wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:11 pm Last night, Peguero was five for five while Skenes worked three innings, allowing no runs, one hit, striking out six and walking one.
Every time I talk to Wildwoodcoach he moans that it is time to bring up Peggy and play him everyday at 2B. He thinks Triolo does not belong at 2B.
Let's Go Bucs
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Possum wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:45 pm
Every time I talk to Wildwoodcoach he moans that it is time to bring up Peggy and play him everyday at 2B. He thinks Triolo does not belong at 2B.
I agree. I think Williams should be sent down, and Triolo will get plenty of playing time spelling whomever needs a "rest" that day.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:45 pm
Possum wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:45 pm

I agree. I think Williams should be sent down, and Triolo will get plenty of playing time spelling whomever needs a "rest" that day.
I was a little surprised when I looked at the Indy box score tonight, and Peguero was not in the lineup after getting 5 hits on Friday. Maybe he is on his way to Pittsburgh. I think he would be better than Williams.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Ryder Ryan sent down to AAA, corresponding move to come Thursday. Ji Hwan Bae and Carmen Mlodzinski have had their rehab assignments moved to AAA from Bradenton.

Looking at the 40 man roster, not sure what this move will be. Is it possible we may be seeing a number of them on Thursday? The only pitchers on the 40 man not on a rehab assignment in Indy right now are Kyle Nicolas and Quinn Priester.

Coming out of the gate, and looking down at Indy, it sure is getting harder and harder to justify Williams and Triolo over Gonzales and Peguero.

I think Thursday will be a bit of a shake up. Just a prediction. More than likely, it is what it is, there will be one guy coming up to take Ryan's spot.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:33 am Ryder Ryan sent down to AAA, corresponding move to come Thursday. Ji Hwan Bae and Carmen Mlodzinski have had their rehab assignments moved to AAA from Bradenton.

Looking at the 40 man roster, not sure what this move will be. Is it possible we may be seeing a number of them on Thursday? The only pitchers on the 40 man not on a rehab assignment in Indy right now are Kyle Nicolas and Quinn Priester.

Coming out of the gate, and looking down at Indy, it sure is getting harder and harder to justify Williams and Triolo over Gonzales and Peguero.

I think Thursday will be a bit of a shake up. Just a prediction. More than likely, it is what it is, there will be one guy coming up to take Ryan's spot.
Both guys are tearing it up so far which is great to see after being sent down to start the season. It shows they both took the responsibility to work hard to get back to Pittsburgh instead of sulking. I'm not opposed to one of them becoming the regular second baseman up here but I don't want the other one to come up and sit on the bench five or six days a week, either. Both need to play everyday. It's a tough, but good, situation for the Pirates. It may be that one of them will be traded sometime between now and next year. Ideally, both could play regularly by moving Cruz to first base but BC won't do that during the season, so that's for next year. And then Triolo could fill that super sub position several of us think he's well-suited for.

Incidentally, Jake Lamb's gotten off to a nice start as well. He'll make a good trade piece if he keeps it up.
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

I think Holderman will take the spot?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Jose Hernandez has been optioned to Indy, and a corresponding roster move will be made prior to the Friday game.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Priester has pitched fairly well in 3 short outings at Indy. He's only pitched 5.2, 4 and 4 innings in his 3 starts. So he'll fit right in with the Pirates A.S.S. (abbreviated starts system). :lol:
There's no basement in the Alamo.