Official Game Thread - 4/15 - Pirates @ Mets

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: Official Game Thread - 4/15 - Pirates @ Mets

Post by Doc »

Bucs down in order in the 8th. Still 3-3.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Chapman in to pitch the 8th. Hope he can find the strike zone.
Doc

Post by Doc »

The 8th not going well. Bader with a one out double scores two. 5-3 Mets.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Chapman ejected by home plate umpire. Maybe it’s a good thing.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

I think Henry Davis may be the Bryan Bullington of catchers. 😟
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

This was one Ugly Game
Good- 5 well pitched innings by Perez.
Ugly- Connor Joe's half ass throw to first with no one there
Should have thrown it to the cutoff man
Davis again not a good game behind the plate and goes 0-4
Beginning to think doc is right about Chapman- besides having poor
control and base runners stealing at will, he gets ejected.
Cruz - 3k's and 0-4. I know he missed all of last year but he has
struck out 29 trimes
Home Plate Umpire- was terrible both ways
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:54 am I think Henry Davis may be the Bryan Bullington of catchers. 😟
I still have hope for him but I sure would like to see reason to continue to do so. A two hit game, or a home run, or a six game hitting streak, something to indicate that he's going to be more than what he's been. It's early in the season, and early in his career, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I guess I should feel the same way about Cruz but what I've read about Henry's work ethic, none of which I've heard about Oneil's, has me thinking differently about the two of them.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Chapman now has 6 walks in 5.2 innings (9.5 BB/9 IP). His control has been a consistent problem since 2021 so I guess this isn't something that can be readily corrected.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:49 am
Bobster wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:54 am I think Henry Davis may be the Bryan Bullington of catchers. 😟
I still have hope for him but I sure would like to see reason to continue to do so. A two hit game, or a home run, or a six game hitting streak, something to indicate that he's going to be more than what he's been. It's early in the season, and early in his career, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I guess I should feel the same way about Cruz but what I've read about Henry's work ethic, none of which I've heard about Oneil's, has me thinking differently about the two of them.
I'd like to see Bart get an extended look. He looks much better at the plate than Davis. And his draft pedigree (#2 overall vs #1 overall) is almost the same.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:32 pm
Doc wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:49 am
I'd like to see Bart get an extended look. He looks much better at the plate than Davis. And his draft pedigree (#2 overall vs #1 overall) is almost the same.
So far, Bart looks to be a good addition. Although I want Davis to get most of the starts I don't roll my eyes when Bart's in the line-up like I do when I see Williams is starting.