Official Game Thread - 3/28 - Bucs & Marlins

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Possum

Re: Official Game Thread - 3/28 - Bucs & Marlins

Post by Possum »

They had a chance to take the lead only to be defeated on a hard smash by Henry to high jumping 3Bman.
Let's Go Bucs
Possum

Post by Possum »

Chapman on to pitch the ninth.
Let's Go Bucs
Possum

Post by Possum »

Chapman does his job. On to the 10th.
Let's Go Bucs
Possum

Post by Possum »

A righty in to face Cruz.
Let's Go Bucs
Possum

Post by Possum »

Where the hell is the 3B coach?
Let's Go Bucs
Possum

Post by Possum »

Luis Ortiz and Connor Joe shut down the bad guys. On to the 11th
Let's Go Bucs
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I know we like to talk manager calls but that Intentional Walk worked perfectly
Possum

Post by Possum »

I'm outta here the old ticker can't take any more.
Let's Go Bucs
icantwatch2

Post by icantwatch2 »

Bucs win!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm Surg must be in Miami!
No, I was cuddling Buddy before heading to class.

Anyhow, my posting in the GDT will probably be pretty limited this year, I have my reasons which I won't share here.

So I saw through the first six innings, listened to the bottom of the 11th driving home, watched the end of the game. So some observations:

Rough game for Cutch, but at least he had a productive out. But I had to chuckle that Triolo gets the "hero inteview" with Hannah, when he was pure mutt this game. Pretty much responsible for one if not two runs dropping the DP ball. Right after Cruz K's looking with the bases loaded, he's facing a lefty, and he also strikes out looking. Delivers the big hit, but could have been costly because of stupid baserunning.

Really impressed with Davis behind the plate. Really impressed with Hayes so far, all through spring training. Too bad Reynolds throw was off line, he really showed some arm but it was just a bit wide, Davis still almost made the tag.

I though Keller pitched fine, he was too much on the plate or too much off of it. My only real gripe with him was the SF by Burger when he had him 1-2 in the count, too much plate. If he's able to get his control just a bit fine tuned, he's unhittable today. The movement on his pitches was insane.

I didn't hear why Bednar wasn't available. How the heck can he not be available when they just left ST for Miami? Wasn't this known? Put him on the IL, and get someone up who can pitch. Can't leave a short bullpen. After today, they'll have to do something.

Unlike so many I've read throughout yinzer land, I liked the lineup. It made sense. And yes, with not one, not two, not three, not four, but five LH starting pitchers they are due to face in a row, Tellez, Cruz, and Suwinski are all going to have to be in there against one every now and then, so I was okay with Tellez at first today. I thought Connor Joe did an okay job leading off, he got two walks and drew some pitches.

I have a feeling, Davis is going to be a beast.