Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Re: 2024 Opening Day Roster

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Just wondering Bobster? How far do you live from the Francis Scott Key Bridge>
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:11 pm Just wondering Bobster? How far do you live from the Francis Scott Key Bridge>
It's a 25 minute drive from my house. I've rarely used the bridge since I don't have much need to go to the section of Baltimore at the other end.

The beltway (695) circles Baltimore and was originally open ended on the east side. So you could only take 695 so far in either direction and it was a long ride from one end to the other. The bridge connected the 2 ends in 1977 making the beltway a circle. With the bridge out, traffic will be heavy from one end of 695 to the other. It will also greatly increase traffic in the 2 tunnels under the harbor. But trucks and campers with propane or any hazmat cannot go thru the tunnels. So traffic is going to be a mess for the foreseeable future.

It's very sad about the construction workers who were killed. The ship issued a mayday and police prevented traffic from getting on the bridge just in time.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Bobster wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:33 pm
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:11 pm Just wondering Bobster? How far do you live from the Francis Scott Key Bridge>
It's a 25 minute drive from my house. I've rarely used the bridge since I don't have much need to go to the section of Baltimore at the other end.

The beltway (695) circles Baltimore and was originally open ended on the east side. So you could only take 695 so far in either direction and it was a long ride from one end to the other. The bridge connected the 2 ends in 1977 making the beltway a circle. With the bridge out, traffic will be heavy from one end of 695 to the other. It will also greatly increase traffic in the 2 tunnels under the harbor. But trucks and campers with propane or any hazmat cannot go thru the tunnels. So traffic is going to be a mess for the foreseeable future.

It's very sad about the construction workers who were killed. The ship issued a mayday and police prevented traffic from getting on the bridge just in time.
Thank for the update. Yes, it a shame. I hate to think what would have happened if it had been during rush hour
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

It's here - Let's play ball!!
Javy

Post by Javy »

Bobster wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:33 pm

I'll have to come up with a different game plan to drive to NC to visit my son and his family. I hated the ride around/through Baltimore and DC already, and it will be worse for the forseeable future. But its worth it to see them, for sure.

I echo your sentiments about the workers, and the efforts of the authorities preventing even more traffic from accessing the bridge. I have been a life-long volunteer firefighter/Chief, and had the opportunity to listen to the tape recording of the first 90 minutes of the emergency. The professionalism of the dispatchers and responders was incredible. They were so calm you would have thought they were responding to a cat in a tree as opposed to a once in a lifetime emergency like that.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

GOOD LUCK BUCS!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

That leaves only Estuar Suero from the Rich Hill/Ji Man Choi trade.
UtahPirate2

Post by UtahPirate2 »

Really surprised that Wolf was the next guy off the 40-man. He seems to have some potential and is a starter - when we seem to have more relievers in the high minors than guys who can actually start and get through 5 or 6 innings. I kinda liked his potential. I think someone will grab him.

I was pretty sure Shelby would get the notice as I guess I don't see what the Pirates do.

I will say that the current 40-man doesn't seem to have as much fluff on it than normal!