Martin Perez a Pirate

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: Martin Perez a Pirate

Post by Doc »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:12 am When they officially announce the signing of Perez, and Cutch two players will have to be taken off the 40 man roster. One of the players could be Alika Williams, but if they make a trade from some of their surplus infield players he may remain on the roster for depth.
I’m scratching my head wondering why Williams is still on the roster at all. I thought Marcano had more to offer and he’s been gone for weeks now.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Doc wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:56 am
fjk090852-7 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:12 am When they officially announce the signing of Perez, and Cutch two players will have to be taken off the 40 man roster. One of the players could be Alika Williams, but if they make a trade from some of their surplus infield players he may remain on the roster for depth.
I’m scratching my head wondering why Williams is still on the roster at all. I thought Marcano had more to offer and he’s been gone for weeks now.
My thought at the time was that the Bucs thought Marcano was safe for awhile because of his injury. However, they may have wanted to keep him off the roster and gamble if any one would take him in Rule 5 draft.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ecbucs wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:35 am
Doc wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:56 am
My thought at the time was that the Bucs thought Marcano was safe for awhile because of his injury. However, they may have wanted to keep him off the roster and gamble if any one would take him in Rule 5 draft.
You could very well be right. But my point is that Williams has no future here, whether Marcano is here or not. If BC thought Marcano to be the better player of the two, he could've released Williams and then resigned him a couple of weeks later to a minor league contract, if he still wanted him, because he likely would've gone unclaimed. Then he'd still have both players. Now Marcano's gone and Williams is still here, which makes little sense.
Possum

Post by Possum »

No way Alika goes because his above average defender. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Bucs