OBN Open

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

OBN Open

Post by DemDog »

5A6461697A626269496C7B680D0 wrote: This is an open invitation to any OBN member to enter the 2020 OBN golf tournament.  The prize for the winner is the prestigious Parrot Cup.  Past winners are:

2014 - 21stheBest

2015 - Doc

2016 - Doc

2017 - Yours truly

The 2020 tournament will be held at the Cranberry Heights golf course in PA. and will be held in late July or early August.  The winner gets to hold the cup in his possession for the coming year.

Anyone who wishes to participate can post his desire in this thread.
21has disappeared- Possum just wants to drive the cart- I learned a long time ago that Golf is too expensive to get irritated because I stink. Sorry Shedman but doc has this one wrapped up

Hmm, 21 has disappeared?  Was he a friend of Charles "Chuckie" O'Brien from Detroit?

Not sure about "Chuckie O'Briebn, but 21 was a good friend of Green Weenie

Chuckie O'Brien was the guy who set Jimmy Hoffa up to disappear in 1975. Just Google Jimmy Hoffa and you will get to know Chuckie.
Surgnbuck

OBN Open

Post by Surgnbuck »

233835343D313E500 wrote: This is an open invitation to any OBN member to enter the 2020 OBN golf tournament.  The prize for the winner is the prestigious Parrot Cup.  Past winners are:

2014 - 21stheBest

2015 - Doc

2016 - Doc

2017 - Yours truly

The 2020 tournament will be held at the Cranberry Heights golf course in PA. and will be held in late July or early August.  The winner gets to hold the cup in his possession for the coming year.

Anyone who wishes to participate can post his desire in this thread.

It's sad that as the person who got this thing rolling in the first place, I get no recognition for initiating the event, starting in 2012. We saw our greatest participation in 2013. There was "the birdie", the "great golf cart caper", and of course the "no handshake" from those two years.

To imply it was only since 2014 because that was the year Doc made the trophy is a disservice to what was formerly known as the PMB Open.

Most importantly, I won the first two Opens.

And btw, I wonder how many people venture into the off topic area. I'm only finding this because I was looking to see if there were posts about all the protests, and saw this.

No surprise I wasn't contacted directly. You don't want me showing up do you? Now that you know my hip is fixed, even if I haven't swung a club since we got together at The Links at Spring Church.

I have one word for you: Practice. Pain. Okay that's two words, I couldn't decide which one works best.
DemDog

OBN Open

Post by DemDog »

Being and old, old, fart with COPD who hasn't swung a club in about 10 yrs if I show up I reserve the right to hit from the red tees and to play winter rules no matter this situation. And may take 1 mulligan per hole. Note that I will not golf ala Trumpy rules though. ;D

On the other hand I do like the 19th hole and if needed I can be the guy who might bring beer around to you guys as you golf. You guys buy the beer, rent me a cart and tip me 10% for each beer I deliver. ;D ;D