Spring Training Coverage

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CubbiePirate

Spring Training Coverage

Post by CubbiePirate »

As the name suggests I followed the Cubs growing up in Illinois. Went to Pitt and listened to my first and the Pirates' final play in the 92' NLCS playoff loss, became a fan only to endure 20 losing seasons before listening to the Cueto refrain in person! Returned home in 2016 to the derision of my family celebrating their World Series. I stream 93.7 The Fan, get Trib online but not PG news, subscribe to PBN and have been to ST several times and want suggestions on how to get daily ST updates. :-/
DemDog

Spring Training Coverage

Post by DemDog »

Great to see a former Cubs fan now in love with the Bucs. My daughter a Bucs fan left the Pgh area in the late 90s to attend the University of Chicago and now lives in Chicagoland and is still a Bucs fan. I won't tell you what she thinks of Cubs fans though. It looks like the only source you are missing is the PG. You might also consider subscribing to The Athletic for some great writing about the Bucs but not so much on daily ST reports. Just to be straight, did you say you moved back to Illinois? To Chicagoland? If you are in Chicagoland when COVID is under control and I can travel there to see my daughter maybe we can get together for some food and some great Chicago beer.
CubbiePirate

Spring Training Coverage

Post by CubbiePirate »

Yes, I'm back but about 2 hours west of Chitown. Several years ago there was a man who would attend ST and write daily reports on a message board but I dont remember who and where. Would love to attend a Cub/Pirate game...beers on me!! Stay in touch Possum and thanks.