Official Game Thread - 5/8 - Bucs vs Angels

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: Official Game Thread - 5/8 - Bucs vs Angels

Post by Doc »

If the season's low point wasn't being swept by the Athletics, and then dropping one to Colorado to start the homestand, surely we've reached rock bottom now that we've lost two of three to the Angels. When will we see a team actually good enough to be competitive?
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Doc wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:23 pm If the season's low point wasn't being swept by the Athletics, and then dropping one to Colorado to start the homestand, surely we've reached rock bottom now that we've lost two of three to the Angels. When will we see a team actually good enough to be competitive?
I agree doc, any team who starts Cole Tucker all three games who was 0-11 is a lousy team.
Tellez should be the first to go. Question? With an off day tomorrow, why does Hayes get a day off?
2,632- That'e how many games Cal Ripken played without a day off.
JollyRoger8

Post by JollyRoger8 »

Enough is enough
At a minimum Gonzales and Lamb need to be called up before the weekend. Triolo and Tellez are not cutting it.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Skenes will make his debut this weekend, but we are talking about Nutting and the Pirates
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Disturbing stat: in their past 22 games dating back to April 15, the Pirates have not scored in more than 2 innings of any game.
3 times they didn't score at all.
11 times the scored in only 1 inning.
8 times they scored in 2 innings.
In those most recent 22 games, they are 6-16.

When nearly the entire team hits for a low batting average, it demonstrates a low frequency of getting hits. As such, it's rare to find enough low frequency-hit guys getting hits in the same inning to create a run-scoring rally. When you only score in 1 or 2 innings, it's tough to overcome even a small deficit. And unless the personnel changes, thus trend is unlikely to change.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Robbie Ishkabbibble was so annoying. In the vaccuum created with his departure, I present Mike KcKenry and Steven Brault. There is absolutely no words to describe their complete pollyanna apologism. They talked up the Angles pitching like we had just faced Maddox, Smoltz, and Glavine, with Mariano Rivera closing. Listening to those two clowns, you'd swear we have absolutely no problems hitting the ball.

Get those morons out of the studio!!!
Doc

Post by Doc »

I see we had 13 strikeouts today. I think the words most used by Greg Brown this year when calling games has been, “Swing and a miss”. I’m not looking for Skenes to make much of a difference because of this offense. If he gives up two runs or more, he’s going to be mighty disappointed with his win/loss record.

It’s so deflating being a fan of this team. We had to endure 20 straight years of losing, then watching the team not make even a minuscule of an attempt to extend the three years of winning that followed and, now, we’re suffering through yet another depressing season, which is shaping up to be the 10th losing season in the past 11. One thing is common through almost all of these years: the owner.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Not 1 difference maker in the lineup. Reynolds is nothing special.
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

Surgnbuck wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:03 pm "... I present Mike KcKenry and Steven Brault. ... They talked up the Angels pitching like we had just faced Maddux, Smoltz, and Glavine, with Mariano Rivera closing. Listening to those two clowns, you'd swear we have absolutely no problems hitting the ball.
Wish you could've asked them why the Pirates returned Soriano to LA if he was that good?