Cutch re-signs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Javy

Cutch re-signs

Post by Javy »

No more wondering, Cutch is resigning for 2024 for $5,000,000.
He will' hit his 300th homer in a Buc unform.
Possum

Re: Cutch re-signs

Post by Possum »

How Sweet It Is!
Let's Go Bucs
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Cutch has indicated he would like to play some outfield this season. If that happens he could spell Reynolds every so often, and Reynolds could DH in order to keep his bat in the lineup.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I know this might be blasphemous, and some posters won’t agree with me, but I think Cutch should contemplate retiring at season’s end. I know he has a history of starting off the year rather slow, but it looks like he is struggling more than he has in the past. Please know I have been a fan of McCutchen, and have respected him for wanting to be a Pittsburger, but there comes a time when even the best players must hang up their cleats.
Doc

Post by Doc »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:45 am I know this might be blasphemous, and some posters won’t agree with me, but I think Cutch should contemplate retiring at season’s end. I know he has a history of starting off the year rather slow, but it looks like he is struggling more than he has in the past. Please know I have been a fan of McCutchen, and have respected him for wanting to be a Pittsburger, but there comes a time when even the best players must hang up their cleats.
I don't think there's much doubt that this is his last year. But I've begun to think that it might be best if he go out gracefully sometime in the next few weeks if his troubles continue. He was a great player when he was here at the beginning of his career, but he's not at all close to what he was. I wouldn't be surprised if thoughts of calling it quits before the year is out haven't begun to creep into his thinking.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I agree doc. If he really cares about the City ( and I really believe he does) and
his struggles continue leading up to the All Star break, and the team is doing poorly,
he should bow out
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Care about the City ? Get him gone please. He had some nice seasons and made his money. His hammy will act up. Go :arrow:
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »