Onlybucs Fan Forums
October 01, 2014, 01:15:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Contact Us at onlybucs1 @ gmail.com

If you would like to join OBN please use the email addy above to let us know.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hurdle on Marte  (Read 529 times)
bradlej31
Pirate Fan

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »

I was listening to the Clint Hurdle show before the game yesterday and he mention a private chat he had with Marte about his mental errors. 

Hurdle said that Marte was frustrated because with his back being sore he wasn't able to steal bases and help the team out with his speed.  Hurdle said that he and Marte talked about his mental errors as well. 

MY big takeaway was the reference to his back still hurting.   I think there is a good chance Polanco comes up and Marte goes on the DL to see if his back can get healthy.
fjk090852-2
Pirate Fan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 06:57:21 PM »

They could DL Marte, when Polanco arrives, and then give Harrison several starts in left
Cutch is a Boss
Pirate Fan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »

They could DL Marte, when Polanco arrives, and then give Harrison several starts in left

Why would they start Harrison in left over Polanco???

Look, love the spark J-Hay give us off the bench in short bursts, this is what makes him the ultimate 25th man, but the dude is like the island of misfit gloves...has no natural position...he can get by in RF when his bat is playing, but him playing left in PNC over Marte with a bad back and a peg leg? No...
mouse
Pirate Fan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 07:19:56 PM »

Until Pedro started to hit yesterday I was wondering if Harrison might get some starts there. If Pedro is about to turn it on, of course, you don't want to do anything to disrupt that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: