Onlybucs Fan Forums
September 18, 2014, 04:43:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Contact Us at onlybucs1 @ gmail.com

If you would like to join OBN please use the email addy above to let us know.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Start Brandon Wood at SS for a week...  (Read 1438 times)
TarentumTwin
Pirate Fan

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2011, 09:54:13 AM »

And see what happens.  He seems to be swinging the bat better of late, off the bench and staying in the games late.

I recall an article about him by the Angels beat writer that SS is his preferred position and he played best when allowed to play SS as opposed to moving him around.  so far Hurdle has used him at SS, 3B and 1B.

With our black hole now at C, we'll need all the power hitting we can squeeze out of the roster...what have we got to lose by finding out about him for now, and the future.
alvarez09
Pirate Fan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 10:03:43 AM »

And see what happens.  He seems to be swinging the bat better of late, off the bench and staying in the games late.

I recall an article about him by the Angels beat writer that SS is his preferred position and he played best when allowed to play SS as opposed to moving him around.  so far Hurdle has used him at SS, 3B and 1B.

With our black hole now at C, we'll need all the power hitting we can squeeze out of the roster...what have we got to lose by finding out about him for now, and the future.

I'd rather just see them bring up D'Arnaud.
Dale Berras Stash
Pirate Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 10:14:19 AM »

If he keeps up his recent hitting, I could see the d'Arnaud Watch starting on July 1st.

The good thing about d'Arnaud is that he lengthens the lineup.  He could be a prototypical #2 hitter, whereas now Cedeno is a #7 or #8 hitter (in usual times).
You could do this lineup now:
1.  Tabata LF
2.  d'Arnaud SS
3.  McCutchen CF
4.  Walker 2B
5.  Overbay 1B
6.  Jones/Diaz/Paul RF
7.  Wood 3B
8.  Brown/Toregas C
GoBucs21
Pirate Fan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »

So would I.  I've been pushing for D'Arnaud since I saw him play with Lynchburg.

The last time I saw him play in person was at high A.  Hopefully, his defense is better because it wasn't very good back then. 

If he can play any defense at all, run him out there to play short.  I will take most any unknown over Cedeno at this point.

People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy
CentralCABucsFan
Pirate Fan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 02:10:01 PM »

Cedeno must a made an error, its his turn again...
scrapiron
Pirate Fan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 03:50:02 PM »

Yeah, what was it, the first one in 43 games or something close to that.  The caners will be out if force soon if he doesn't start hitting over .300 with power now.

There's something kind of eeEEEEeeehh about a kid that's never played baseball.   --Foghorn Leghorn
Optimist
Pirate Fan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 03:53:49 PM »

Grin
gamecckfn
Pirate Fan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 05:01:14 PM »

That might be what he prefers, but Cedeno is the better SS.  And Cedeno is the better hitter.  I have seen no evidence that Wood can be a power hitter in the majors. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: