The Other Games 2024

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Javy

Re: The Other Games 2024

Post by Javy »

bucs607179 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:55 pm
Doc wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:46 pm This is a bit off topic but voters in Jackson County, Missouri voted down a tax increase that would've helped pay for a new downtown ballpark for the Royals. I didn't know the team was looking to replace Kaufmann Stadium. Officials of the team aren't giving up, though, as they're going to look into other ways of financing.
Did you see that the Oakland (Las Vegas) A's are getting new stadium? After like 70 years the Tropicana closed it's doors and will be demolished to make way for it. The last resort standing from the 50's will be the Sahara. Vegas about to be like Pittsburgh, MLB, NHL and NFL. I'd guess they'd get a NBA team before Pittsburgh. Actually I can't see Pittsburgh supporting an NBA team.
I know the owners approved the move to Vegas for the A's, but I'm not so sure it will still happen. There is a pending lawsuit opposing the financing for the new stadium, and at least one cost benefit analysis that is out there shredding the projection of the supposed economic improvement that the relocation would provide for both the team and the region. If you think Nutting is bad as owner, check out the A's owner, Fisher. Total scumbag.
i would not be surprised to see a last minute sale of the A's to a consortium that would keep them in Oakland. They now have a plan to play in Sacramento for 3 years until the Vegas stadium is built. They could do the same in Oakland.Stay tuned!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

The Marlins won their first game today and are now 1-9
What makes it nice is the fact that they beat the Cards
Doc

Post by Doc »

Astros Pitcher Ronel Blanco, who threw a no hitter his last time out, went five and two thirds innings yesterday before giving up his first hit. It wasn't until he faced his 52nd batter of the season before he allowed a hit. That's nuts!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Elly De La Cruz hit a ball off the batter’s eye in Cinci tonight, some 450’, a no-doubter off the bat. It looks like he stood at home plate, watching for as long as it took for the ball to bounce back onto the field before he left the batter’s box to circle the bases. There remains very little humility in baseball today.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Cubs blow an 8-0 lead in San Diego and lose 9-8 to the Padres. https://youtu.be/a-fraAN7in4?si=FolvbuTtsgclmdxW
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Doc wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:41 am Elly De La Cruz hit a ball off the batter’s eye in Cinci tonight, some 450’, a no-doubter off the bat. It looks like he stood at home plate, watching for as long as it took for the ball to bounce back onto the field before he left the batter’s box to circle the bases. There remains very little humility in baseball today.
Hoping that when the bucs play the Reds Chapman strikes him out and gives him the STARE.
Javy

Post by Javy »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:09 pm
Doc wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:41 am Elly De La Cruz hit a ball off the batter’s eye in Cinci tonight, some 450’, a no-doubter off the bat. It looks like he stood at home plate, watching for as long as it took for the ball to bounce back onto the field before he left the batter’s box to circle the bases. There remains very little humility in baseball today.
Hoping that when the bucs play the Reds Chapman strikes him out and gives him the STARE.
Maybe give him a little of that chin music he gave to McCutchen?
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Javy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:28 pm
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:09 pm
Maybe give him a little of that chin music he gave to McCutchen?
Absolutely!!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Watching Reds and Brewers. Jonathan India led off with a single and
immediately stole second. I thought of Doc right away. :lol:
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:42 pm Watching Reds and Brewers. Jonathan India led off with a single and
immediately stole second. I thought of Doc right away. :lol:
So he tortures other teams, too? I thought he saved all that just for us.