The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DaveAugustine

The Departed

Post by DaveAugustine »

Orioles just called up Chaz Roe. Bucs claimed Roe off waivers in September 2014, but didn't do anything with him, and he became a free agent

From CBSSports.com: "Roe only pitched two innings for Pittsburgh in 2014." No he didn't! I recall the Bucs claiming him, then almost immediately changing their minds and dropping him.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

This post should be called the Reunited.

per John Dreker at P2 Pirates Claim Eric Fryer

He had a sip of coffee with the Bucs in 2011-2012.
DaveAugustine

The Departed

Post by DaveAugustine »

*Every* catcher had a sip of coffee with the Bucs in 2011-2012.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

Indians DFA Tom Gorzelanny yesterday.
NCBuccofan

The Departed

Post by NCBuccofan »

Brooks Pounders called up by the Royals. That will make him the first and most likely only HS pitcher from the 2009 Pirate draft to make the majors. He was picked the highest of them all, but was not really as highly thought of. I believe he signed for slot as well.
ChitownBucco

The Departed

Post by ChitownBucco »

Good to se e Robbie Grossman finally settling in at the MLB level

Still just 26 years old. Solid .877 OPS 46 games since getting called up n mid May
ArnoldRothstein

The Departed

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

The game of musical catchers continues with Michael McKenry leaving St Louis after 3 games and squatting in AAA for Atlanta. I guess it was always a pipe dream to have Kratz, Fryer, and McKenry each catch three innings in the same game. Or pitch three innings. Or....
dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Departed

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

755E5F425941587443555559360 wrote: Good to se e Robbie Grossman finally settling in at the MLB level

Still just 26 years old. Solid .877 OPS 46 games since getting called up n mid May

I still don't know why Houston and Cleveland both released him? I am glad he is playing too.
KLBuccos

The Departed

Post by KLBuccos »

Where is Grossman playing now?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Departed

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

7E79774056565A46350 wrote: Where is Grossman playing now?
Twins. Mostly LF.