5 Stars of the Bucs 6-2 Win Over the Cubs on 9/3

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SyrBucco

5 Stars of the Bucs 6-2 Win Over the Cubs on 9/3

Post by SyrBucco »

I missed our last win because I was vacationing and unplugged in the Adirondack Mts. for a few days, but I sure did see our sweet come-from-behind win against the Cubbies yesterday! So here goes:

5th Star: Going with Geoff Hartlieb here, for getting the last out in what could have been a disastrous 6th inning, and pitching a scoreless 7th as well. I am happy to admit that I was wrong about Hartlieb!

4th Star: Rich Rodriguez was absolutely filthy in the 9th inning, striking out the side, pitching around Gonzalez' bad throw.

3rd Star: Sure it was a cheap bloop single, but, like Bryan Reynolds, Cole Tucker produced with 2 outs, knocking in 2 runs in the 6th that put the game away for the Bucs

2nd Star: JT Brubaker allowed only one earned run in 5 innings of strong pitching, earning his first major league win. Our young starters are a bright spot in an otherwise dismal season.

1st Star: Can there be any doubt? Bryan Reynolds returned from paternity leave and doubled and homered, knocking in 3 runs!

Just noticed ... we are on pace to win 19 games this year. I thought we'd get 20 to 24. But I didn't think our OF would be this bad!