The Official No Game Today Thread 5/24/2021

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

The Official No Game Today Thread 5/24/2021

Post by Surgnbuck »

So no game, it's raining, I can't even do more yardwork. I did so much this weekend. My hip is reminding me it was replaced just over 3 weeks ago.

So anyhow, with a sore hip and nothing to do, why not embark upon everyone's favorite subject outside of the roster- Promotions!

With the entire ticket inventory going on sale this week, you need some fill on some promotions. So I'll condense it down some for you.

Fireworks- Only five of them. Huge detractors throw fireworks nights out all the time (as well as the non-existent for over 4 years now post game concerts) as a jab at the Pirates. They used to have 12-13 of these. I like them, and what I like even more is how they get under the skin of so many yinzers, who obviously don't go to games anyhow to be affected by them, and even if they did, well, you know you can just leave.

Dollar Dog nights- There's five of these also. For the longest time, they had one night, the second game of the season, as well as dollar coffee and I think dollar popcorn. So that's an improvement. All of these are on a Thursday night. Buns optional.

Free Shirt Friday- Seven of them, in case you need a wardrobe upgrade.

Pirates Hawaiian Shirt Night- Needs no further description. July 31

Star Wars Night- A staple throughout MLB. Aug 13th, comes with a t-shirt. No word if Bob is going to dress up as Darth Vader, addressing the throng on the big screen by saying, "Fools, I am your owner"

Pride Night- August 14th. Come on down if you're curious.

1971 Celebration- July 17th. For all you youngsters out there, come see authentic Pirates who won an authentic championship. Forgive all of us oldsters if we tear up some.

And hats, umbrellas, block parties, kids days, blankets, lunch bags, coolers.

Come see a game, and get yard sale ready stuff in return!