Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Time to Vent (Read 564 times)
Carolina Bucco
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Re: Time to Vent
Reply #15 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Pirates are just sitting back, perfectly content with Newman/Gonzalez at SS, Chisenhall/Reyes in RF, and not enough pitching depth.

All is good. No need to SPEND MONEY because team is fully capable of finishing 4th place as currently constituted, which is just fine!

IP Logged

Carolina Bucco
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #16 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 8:42am
Print Post  
I know the Pirates will never do this, but Keuchel, Happ, Miley and Gio Gonzalez are all still out there ... left-handed starters that would help our rotation and also diversify it. Charlie Morton is also available. But God forbid we SPEND MONEY on something ridiculous like trying to make our team better.

IP Logged

Bobster
Global Moderator

Reply #17 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Carolina Bucco wrote on Dec 7th, 2018 at 8:42am:
I know the Pirates will never do this, but Keuchel, Happ, Miley and Gio Gonzalez are all still out there ... left-handed starters that would help our rotation and also diversify it. Charlie Morton is also available. But God forbid we SPEND MONEY on something ridiculous like trying to make our team better.

I hear ya CB, but I guess I'm long past the point of expecting anything from TBMTIB. We all know how they work and how low they set the bar. Dickerson fell into their lap last year. A nice surprise. They overpaid for Archer but were willing to do so because he has a team friendly contract. But those kinds of situations rarely occur so there's little to hope for in terms of any significant acquisitions this off season. Fans have tried setting record attendance (2015) and staying away in droves (2018) but neither effected the strategy of penny pinching. Maybe a new TV deal will help. But it's hard to imagine this regime operating any differently. I'm past the point of getting bothered by it. It is what it is.  Sad

IP Logged

Leyland 1948

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #18 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Does anyone know if there are any ongoing talks about the new TV contract?

IP Logged

fjk090852-7
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #19 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Leyland 1948 wrote on Dec 7th, 2018 at 11:50am:
Does anyone know if there are any ongoing talks about the new TV contract?

Just like with trades and player extensions, they keep everything close to the vest. You don’t see anything in the media until an announcement is made.

IP Logged

Roberto218

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #20 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
What do I want for Xmas? A shortstop and either Morton, Happ or somebody!

IP Logged

Carolina Bucco
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #21 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
I'm with you Roberto. Give me a SS, a RF and a starting pitcher and I'll have a VERY Merry Christmas.

But instead I'm expecting the Pirates to give me a sack of coal and leave me disappointed ... again.

IP Logged

Ecbucs
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #22 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Carolina Bucco wrote on Dec 7th, 2018 at 10:30pm:
I'm with you Roberto. Give me a SS, a RF and a starting pitcher and I'll have a VERY Merry Christmas.

But instead I'm expecting the Pirates to give me a sack of coal and leave me disappointed ... again.

you guys aren't asking for enough.  The Bucs may get all three of those guys.  You need to be more specific and say you want a good SS, RF and starting pitcher.

IP Logged

SCBucco
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #23 - yesterday at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Roberto218 wrote on Dec 7th, 2018 at 8:50pm:
What do I want for Xmas? A shortstop and either Morton, Happ or somebody!

Somebody means Chisenhall and slap hitting SS from Cleveland.  You mean someone good, not reclamation project.  Funny, we were all happy when Ground Chuck left.  Now, people want him back.

IP Logged

RichD

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #24 - Today at 9:33am
Print Post  
Jurickson Profar would look good in a Bucs uni. Healthy only 25 and coming off a breakout season. He could hold SS for the next season and a half until Tucker is ready.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint