Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) 8/12 Game Thread Bucs@Giants (Read 936 times)
Davis Square

OnlyBucs.net Member

Re: 8/12 Game Thread Bucs@Giants
Reply #15 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
This Clay Holmes thing is going to be what keeps us out of the playoffs. We needed 3 of 4.

IP Logged

Steady Freddy
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #16 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Not a good day for the Pirates as the Braves win and the Bucs go back to 5 games out of the wildcard. Need to get both these games in Minnesota now with Taillon and Archer pitching. The Pirates need to win a bunch of games this week with the Braves and Brewers coming up on the schedule in the next two weeks or so. The Pirates are still in this playoff race but soon here they can’t continue to keep treading water here every week like they been doing and not gain any ground in the standings.

IP Logged

skinnyhorse

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #17 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
This team is going nowhere, wasted good young talent for what, this team with Hurdle at the helm is doomed.

IP Logged

Bobster
Global Moderator

Reply #18 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
So the outcome of the series is that the Pirates went into SF and won 2 of the 3 they tried to win. Since they decided in advance to forfeit the 2nd game it was 2-2 instead of possibly 3-1 had they actually attempted to win all 4 games. I dunno if it's been discussed but it would be tragic if a player suffered a season-or career-ending injury in a game TBMTIB had decided in advance not to try to win. I would prefer they officially forfeit games that they are writing off rather than put players at risk in games they have no intention of trying to win. At least there would be no risk of injury.

IP Logged

Carolina Bucco
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #19 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
If you had told me at the start of the week the Pirates would go 2-1 in Denver and 2-2 in San Fran, I would have thought that was acceptable.

But since one of the losses was the result of SACRIFICING A WIN with the "Clay Holmes Experiment," then I cannot be happy with hte 2-2 in SF. That should have been 3-1, no doubt about it.

A truly embarrassing moment for this franchise. Making the decision to LITERALLY GIVE AWAY GAMES. Inexcusable.

IP Logged

skinnyhorse

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #20 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Carolina Bucco wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:56pm:
If you had told me at the start of the week the Pirates would go 2-1 in Denver and 2-2 in San Fran, I would have thought that was acceptable.

But since one of the losses was the result of SACRIFICING A WIN with the "Clay Holmes Experiment," then I cannot be happy with hte 2-2 in SF. That should have been 3-1, no doubt about it.

A truly embarrassing moment for this franchise. Making the decision to LITERALLY GIVE AWAY GAMES. Inexcusable.

Over the years I've watched Hurdle give away many games, unbelievable he has 3 more years guaranteed.

IP Logged

Ecbucs
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #21 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Cubbies helped the Bucs out tonight.  Maybe the Nats will cool off after this loss.

IP Logged

Steady Freddy
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #22 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 6:31am
Print Post  
Ecbucs wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:09pm:
Cubbies helped the Bucs out tonight.  Maybe the Nats will cool off after this loss.
The Nationals really aren’t the Pirates problem right now catching teams like the Braves,Brewers,DBacks,Rockies, and the Cardinals are the main concern. They are 5 games back of a playoff spot with 43 games left so while there is still time to make up ground the Pirates can’t continue to tread water and stay status quo in the standings each week. They have to start making up some ground here within these next I’d say 10-15 games as we approach late August early September. Some point in the next few weeks when we are under 30 games left to be played time and games left is going to start to be a much bigger factor. So you better start winning more consistently soon if you’re the Pirates.

IP Logged

dmetz
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #23 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 6:49am
Print Post  
Hech should be splitting time at SS.  Especially vs RHP since Jordy can't really hit in that split either.

If we insist on playing Moran vs RHP over Freese, let's play Hech to make up some range and glove over there.  IF defense keeps killing us.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint