Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 8/9/ late game vs SF (Read 579 times)
Bobster
Global Moderator

8/9/ late game vs SF
Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
1. Adam Frazier (L) LF
2. Starling Marte (R) CF
3. Gregory Polanco (L) RF
4. David Freese (R) 3B
5. Elias Diaz (R) C
6. Josh Bell (S) 1B
7. Josh Harrison (R) 2B
8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS
9. Ivan Nova (R) P

Glad Frazier is still in the lineup.

Typical Joe Block inane rambling: In 1st inning Cutch throws out Frazier trying for a 2B. In bottom of first Cutch hits a lazy fly ball to Frazier in LF. All Block had to do was take a breath and say who was up next. But he had to keep talking so he said "So Frazier gets even with Cutch for throwing him out." Walk said, "I don't think catching a routine fly ball is the same as throwing someone out on the bases." Block is SO annoying.

IP Logged

Bobster
Global Moderator

Re: 8/9/ late game vs SF
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
HR Diaz! 2-0.

IP Logged

Bobster
Global Moderator

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
HR Bell on next pitch. 3-0.

IP Logged

Davis Square

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Bobster wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:34pm:
HR Bell on next pitch. 3-0.

Let's knock this guy out early and mess up their bullpen for the rest of the series.

IP Logged

JollyRoger

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Keep the pedal to the metal!
Great start

IP Logged

Steady Freddy
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Good start for Nova so far in this game. Hopefully he can go 6 or 7 tonight. The Giants aren’t a very good team this season. They don’t score a lot of runs so if the Pirates can add on here they should be able to nail this one down.

IP Logged

Steady Freddy
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
[color=#000000][/color]Bobster wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:31pm:
1. Adam Frazier (L) LF
2. Starling Marte (R) CF
4. David Freese (R) 3B
5. Elias Diaz (R) C
6. Josh Bell (S) 1B
7. Josh Harrison (R) 2B
8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS
9. Ivan Nova (R) P

Typical Joe Block inane rambling: In 1st inning Cutch throws out Frazier trying for a 2B. In bottom of first Cutch hits a lazy fly ball to Frazier in LF. All Block had to do was take a breath and say who was up next. But he had to keep talking so he said "So Frazier gets even with Cutch for throwing him out." Walk said, "I don't think catching a routine fly ball is the same as throwing someone out on the bases." Block is SO annoying. 
Block did it again when they were discussing the Pony League World Series he said Washington County one of our Southern Regions. Ahh not really Joe it’s actually 30 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh you idiot. He is insufferable to listen too.

IP Logged

Bobster
Global Moderator

Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Steady Freddy wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 11:18pm:
[color=#000000][/color]Bobster wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:31pm:
1. Adam Frazier (L) LF
2. Starling Marte (R) CF
4. David Freese (R) 3B
5. Elias Diaz (R) C
6. Josh Bell (S) 1B
7. Josh Harrison (R) 2B
8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS
9. Ivan Nova (R) P

Block did it again when they were discussing the Pony League World Series he said Washington County one of our Southern Regions. Ahh not really Joe it’s actually 30 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh you idiot. He is insufferable to listen too.

LOL. "Insufferable" is the best word I've ever heard to describe him.

IP Logged

JollyRoger

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #8 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Absolutely great “text book” at bat by Frazier.
4-2 Bucs

IP Logged

JollyRoger

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #9 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:22am
Print Post  
Let me repeat myself.
RE-SIGN Freese!!!!!!!
3 run jack. Good night Giants!

IP Logged

Steady Freddy
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #10 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:23am
Print Post  
3 run bomb by Freese makes it 8-2 and puts this one away. Both Frazier and Freese at this point MUST be in the lineup every game until further notice.

IP Logged

Steady Freddy
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #11 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 6:55am
Print Post  
Good win last night overall. The Pirates got what they needed out of Nova which was 6 solid innings and were able to save the main guys out of the bullpen for the remainder of this series thanks to the offense scoring 10 runs. I’m not sure I like the idea of Holmes pitching tonight and the Pirates backing up the rotation another day. I guess it will work out for next week with the Cubs and Braves series but right now I want guys like Taillon and Archer pitching every 5th day as much as possible. Pitching a guy like Holmes tonight who was very good the last time he pitched against the Brewers with these games meaning so much now is still very risky. His numbers in AAA his last few starts have not been very good so I just don’t like this move very much tonight and I don’t get it at all why it has to be done. So hopefully it works out. The bottom line is watching the game last night the Giants stink overall right now and aren’t a very good team so the Pirates I still think have a pretty good shot of taking 3 of 4 from them this weekend. There is really no reason they shouldn’t.
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:25am by Steady Freddy »  

IP Logged

Steady Freddy
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #12 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:24am
Print Post  
A few other quick stats the Pirates are now 24-15 since June 25th and are 20-10 since the 4th of July. So over the course of the last 7 weeks or the Pirates have played pretty good baseball.

IP Logged

Bobster
Global Moderator

Reply #13 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Steady Freddy wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 6:55am:
Good win last night overall. The Pirates got what they needed out of Nova which was 6 solid innings and were able to save the main guys out of the bullpen for the remainder of this series thanks to the offense scoring 10 runs. I’m not sure I like the idea of Holmes pitching tonight and the Pirates backing up the rotation another day. I guess it will work out for next week with the Cubs and Braves series but right now I want guys like Taillon and Archer pitching every 5th day as much as possible. Pitching a guy like Holmes tonight who was very good the last time he pitched against the Brewers with these games meaning so much now is still very risky. So hopefully it works out. The bottom line is watching the game last night the Giants stink overall right now and aren’t a very good team so the Pirates I still think have a pretty good shot of taking 3 of 4 from them this weekend. There is really no reason they shouldn’t.

I don't get this at all. Just seems like Hurdle's irrational obsession with resting players. The Pirates had 2 days off last week (7/30, 8/2) so the rotation picked up 2 extra days of rest. They are off again Monday (8/13). Then they will have 10 straight games (twice thru the rotation) and another day off (8/23). Things are going well now, they can barely afford to lose any games---and they decide to bring up a AAA pitcher for no other reason but to rest a staff that's had plenty of rest. NH obviously is buying into it as he had to make a roster move. But it's a head scratcher. As are most moves involving TBMTIB. 

IP Logged

Steady Freddy
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #14 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:57am
Print Post  
Bobster wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:31am:
Steady Freddy wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 6:55am:
Good win last night overall. The Pirates got what they needed out of Nova which was 6 solid innings and were able to save the main guys out of the bullpen for the remainder of this series thanks to the offense scoring 10 runs. I’m not sure I like the idea of Holmes pitching tonight and the Pirates backing up the rotation another day. I guess it will work out for next week with the Cubs and Braves series but right now I want guys like Taillon and Archer pitching every 5th day as much as possible. Pitching a guy like Holmes tonight who was very good the last time he pitched against the Brewers with these games meaning so much now is still very risky. So hopefully it works out. The bottom line is watching the game last night the Giants stink overall right now and aren’t a very good team so the Pirates I still think have a pretty good shot of taking 3 of 4 from them this weekend. There is really no reason they shouldn’t.

I don't get this at all. Just seems like Hurdle's irrational obsession with resting players. The Pirates had 2 days off last week (7/30, 8/2) so the rotation picked up 2 extra days of rest. They are off again Monday (8/13). Then they will have 10 straight games (twice thru the rotation) and another day off (8/23). Things are going well now, they can barely afford to lose any games---and they decide to bring up a AAA pitcher for no other reason but to rest a staff that's had plenty of rest. NH obviously is buying into it as he had to make a roster move. But it's a head scratcher. As are most moves involving TBMTIB. 
Apparently this was planned a month or so in advance based on the trip to Colorado and figuring the pitching staff would be tired. It’s dumb and flat out ridiculous Hurdle is doing this. Like you pointed out Bobster things are going so well right now with the starting rotation with guys like Williams and Musgrove why mess with it and back them up a day?? Hurdle just better hope Holmes does the job tonight and pitches well and they don’t lose this game because of him. Because he is going to yet again take a ton of heat from myself and others if they lose this game and this blows up in their face because of Hurdle and his stubbornness and unwillingness to change things.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint