Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Food Storage (Read 1475 times)
RichD

OnlyBucs.net Member

Food Storage
Aug 6th, 2018 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Anyone do any type of food storage ? I have been buying freeze dried foods for the last year plus canned . Been focusing on proteins which are expensive . But eggs and beans are reasonable plus TVP. Starting to get a really nice stash. I have been unemployed before and having food would of made things easier. It not all for me but to share if anyone needs it . The Mormons are big into food storage while the southern Baptists where I live say God will provide . Maybe .If you hook up with a Mormon family. Im neither but I will keep stocking up. Just in case the SHTF.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2018 at 8:28pm by RichD »  

IP Logged

RichD

OnlyBucs.net Member

Re: Food Storage
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2018 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Got a 12 pack meal of MRES from Walmart about 10 days ago.Not bad only $77 bucks w/free shipping. I had to eat one and it was pretty good Asian veg and fried rice.  Think i will buy a case every other month .

Keystone Meats have been out of stock at walmart online . Why ? Because they are real good !! Dont like the Hambuger but the beef ,and turkey are the best canned meat you will eat . Ingredients Beef or Turkey and water no fillers.

Need to increase protiens so looking at a 25 ilb bag og Quinoa from a supplier its like $50 bucks which is cheap as hell but shipping kills the savings . Angry O So will need to make the order bigger . Put that Quinoa in a mason jar with oxidizer and seal it wih a machone should last 10 + years.

Happy Prepping  Grin

IP Logged

RichD

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 12:02am
Print Post  
Wow . Got a shipment from Omaha Steaks today . Been seeing the ad in the Sunday paper for years finally took the bait . Ordered the $49.99 special plus for 20 bucks more added on .Yeah they got me  Kiss

Well almost everything arrived frozen but the keilbasa were soft and the sirloins to. Put keilbasa in fridge and 2 of the 8 sirloins.

Everything is well packaged but everthing is real small . They say 5 oz its 5oz  Angry The 2 filet minions are thick but I will need to eat both  Sad

I was checking on the order (tracking) and they got me again before the first order arrived . Offered a special on skillet dinners so a bought that too  Huh We will see plus I added on some more sirloins .

The coolers the stuff comes in could be the best part of the deal and I will have 2 ....Ha Ha

IP Logged

RichD

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Tell you what the Omaha Kielbasa is to die for . When you take a bite it snaps like none other and then a flavor explosion of juices . Hell  I would buy a case  .Just had a basic 3 over easy eggs and 2 pieces of toast with a Kielbasa. Feeling better about this purchase gotta try the steaks and burgers.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:17am by RichD »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint