Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Facebook Game 7/11 (Read 564 times)
ScottinMass

OnlyBucs.net Member

Facebook Game 7/11
Jul 11th, 2018 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Game only available on Facebook Live....thanks MLB....I don't have Facebook, but I do have MLB At-Bat, but not today!!

Anyway, Luplow in the lineup in LF, so he now has as many starts as Meadows in the last week. I just don't get it. Maybe 2-2 off the bench last night is not enough to warrant playing time.

IP Logged

Possum
Forum Administrator

Older Than Dirt!

Re: Facebook Game 7/11
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Check out this link:  https://scores.nbcsports.com/mlb/boxscore.asp?gamecode=380711123

Be sure you have your adblocker turned off.

Williams 46  pitches through 2 innings.  Guy is really disappointing for quite a while.  Does he go to BP and let Kingham join the rotation?

It's A Great Day for Bucco Baseball

Possum

-------------

2019-The Year of the Kevins

IP Logged

SammyKhalifa
Global Moderator

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Possum wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:15pm:
Check out this link:  https://scores.nbcsports.com/mlb/boxscore.asp?gamecode=380711123

Be sure you have your adblocker turned off.

Williams 46  pitches through 2 innings.  Guy is really disappointing for quite a while.  Does he go to BP and let Kingham join the rotation?

Well i mean he was a traded for an assistant pitching coach after all, not sure what people expected

IP Logged

Possum
Forum Administrator

Older Than Dirt!

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Among the Bucs scouting and development staff under NH I believe they thought it was a steal that the were getting the next Nolan Ryan!   Cool

Possum

-------------

IP Logged

ScottinMass

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Williams gave them 5 shutout innings, I guess we can't ask for more than that.
Need the bullpen to hold a 2-run lead thanks to a Marte HR

UPDATED:
Marte's HR holds up, 4 shutout innings for the BP with 1 BB, 1 H, and 5 K's.
Good win.
I always root for them to win, but not sure if winning games right now is the best for the long term good of this team.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2018 at 3:19pm by ScottinMass »  

IP Logged

Carolina Bucco
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Good win.

Now we just need a routine 5-game sweep of the best team in the National League before we head into the All-Star Break.

That should not be a problem.

IP Logged

Carolina Bucco
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
2 more thoughts from today's game ...

1. Our offense is really bad
2. Over the last couple of weeks our bullpen has shown signs of not being a complete Kerosene Committee. They have actually been pretty good.

IP Logged

MaineBucs

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Nice to win 2 of 3 from the Nats, but I doubt that these wins, coupled with the win against Philly in the last game of their series changes the gloomy trajectory for the team.

Also agree that many in the pen appear to be (re)finding their footing.  If Vasquez pitches well up to the All-Star game it could increase his value.  Vasquez was likely the team's best tradable asset this off-season and looks like he may soon again reach that status.  Hate to trade away someone who is good, but you've got to be ready to give to get.

IP Logged

dmetz
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
2 of 3 from the nats?  Good job. 

Good pitching this series.   Offense blows but that's nothing new.

Bullpen held up.  Starters showed up.  Defensd wasn't completely godawful.   2 out of 3.

I would keep starting Freese btw.  He may be building a tiny bit of trade value and he's a better option than Moran anyway, so it's a win-win to play him until he's traded

IP Logged

INbuc

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:20pm
Print Post  

Williams is more blue collar than blue chipper.   Hard to believe he is now 7-7 after his last 5 weeks or so.  But the entire pitching crew deserves credit today.  Williams has a penchant for trying to avoid big threats in the lineup ..like walking Harper twice.  With Kuhl down, Williams will retain his spot in the rotation.  Hopefully with today's win, he will run off a nice win streak. 
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:39pm by INbuc »  

IP Logged

Bobster
Global Moderator

Reply #10 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
After the game, Mercer was interviewed by one of the game announcers. Instead of a Robbie question like "what does it mean...?" or "how does it feel...?" he was actually asked intelligent questions, one of which was to assess Williams. He said Williams is a pitcher who has to be able to hit his spots. In other words, he won't get you out with great stuff but when he's accurate he can get you out on well located pitches. That seems accurate and explains his inconsistency. Williams has the lowest K rate and only Kuhl has a higher walk rate on the staff. He needs pinpoint control and he doesn't have it. Today in 5 innings he walked 3 and threw 81 pitches. He had only one 1-2-3 innings and had 2 runners aboard in 3 of his 5 innings. But he had enough control to get hitters out without having a bad inning. When he's sharp he can be very effective. When he's not he can get crushed. Probably looking at a career as a decent #5.

IP Logged

skinnyhorse

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #11 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
MaineBucs wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:53pm:
Nice to win 2 of 3 from the Nats, but I doubt that these wins, coupled with the win against Philly in the last game of their series changes the gloomy trajectory for the team.

Also agree that many in the pen appear to be (re)finding their footing.  If Vasquez pitches well up to the All-Star game it could increase his value.  Vasquez was likely the team's best tradable asset this off-season and looks like he may soon again reach that status.  Hate to trade away someone who is good, but you've got to be ready to give to get.

Agree but I have zero faith in NH evaluation of talent.  This whole organization needs to be blown up from the ground up, coaches, minor and major league, scouts, etc.  It scares me to death to have these idiots making trades.

IP Logged

Orlando Merced
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Went to the game yesterday. Polanco made some good plays in RF, he has the tools to be a good defensive OFer, he was also locked in his last at bat, smashing two balls fouls before roping a grounder to 1B to complete he 0'fer.

I wouldn't mind if they kept Mercer around as a part time player after this season, where he could get occasional starts at SS against a LH starter. I'd really like to try and trade Harrison this deadline, Kramer and Newman need more than a September call up if they are going to be considered for larger roles next year.

IP Logged

Possum
Forum Administrator

Older Than Dirt!

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
If MLB goes to Facebook on a regular basis I think it will hurt the game more than help it.  Listening to Ron Cook on The Fan this morning and he said there were only like 28000 Facebookers watching the game.  I for one will not sign up for Facebook or Twitter too much of a chance to have my privacy invaded.

Possum

-------------

IP Logged

Ecbucs
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #14 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Possum wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
If MLB goes to Facebook on a regular basis I think it will hurt the game more than help it.  Listening to Ron Cook on The Fan this morning and he said there were only like 28000 Facebookers watching the game.  I for one will not sign up for Facebook or Twitter too much of a chance to have my privacy invaded.

I don't use twitter but go on Facebook about every day.  I've never had  a privacy problem or been hacked.  You do need to be careful when setting up privacy settings on who can see your page (make as little as possible public and it is doubtful there will be any problems).  There are a lot of Pirate groups on Facebook that are fun to follow. I used to work for a trade association and we were encouraged to use Facebook for work to connect with members.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint