Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) signed draft picks (Read 3152 times)
Ecbucs
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

signed draft picks
Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:52am
Print Post  
as reported in Bucs Dugout:

Aaron Shortridge: 4th round, RHP

Michael Flynn: 6th round, RHP

Brett Kinneman: 7th round, OF

Zach Spears: 8th round, LHP

Logan Stoelke: 9th round, OF

Zac Susi: 12th round, C

Brad Case: 17th round, RHP

Mike LoPresti: 18th round, RHP

Cam Allred: 24th round, LHP

Luke Mangieri: 25th round, OF

https://www.bucsdugout.com/2018/6/13/17457346/cannonballs-coming-kebryan-hayes-s...

IP Logged

fjk090852-7
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Re: signed draft picks
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
I am hoping by Monday or Tuesday they have their first four picks signed and assigned to one of the low minor league teams. I am assuming since the team is now at home they will want the draftees to sign, attend a game or two with their family, and meet some of the current Pirate players.

IP Logged

SammyKhalifa
Global Moderator

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2018 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
First round pick signing today (so say reports)

IP Logged

Possum
Forum Administrator

Older Than Dirt!

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2018 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
SammyKhalifa wrote on Jun 15th, 2018 at 1:27pm:

Saw this on P2:  Jim Callis from MLB Pipeline announced that the Pittsburgh Pirates will sign first round draft pick Travis Swaggerty for $4.4 M. The deal won’t be official until he passes his physical, which could be done as early as today. That deal is $160,200 under slot.

P2 also reports that he is going to Morgantown to start the season.  Whoopee I will be at Blackbears games on June 23 and 28.  Can't wait to see him.

It's A Great Day for Bucco Baseball

Possum

-------------

2019-The Year of the Kevins

IP Logged

fjk090852-7
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2018 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Possum wrote on Jun 15th, 2018 at 4:39pm:

Saw this on P2:  Jim Callis from MLB Pipeline announced that the Pittsburgh Pirates will sign first round draft pick Travis Swaggerty for $4.4 M. The deal won’t be official until he passes his physical, which could be done as early as today. That deal is $160,200 under slot.

P2 also reports that he is going to Morgantown to start the season.  Whoopee I will be at Blackbears games on June 23 and 28.  Can't wait to see him.

We will like a good scouting report from you after watching him play.

IP Logged

Possum
Forum Administrator

Older Than Dirt!

Reply #5 - Jun 16th, 2018 at 7:12am
Print Post  
fjk090852-7 wrote on Jun 15th, 2018 at 10:45pm:
Possum wrote on Jun 15th, 2018 at 4:39pm:

We will like a good scouting report from you after watching him play.

Will at least be able to let you guys know is line for the nite and any plays in the field he makes but a "scouting report"?  Will leave that to the pros.  Really looking forward to seeing the BlackBears play though.

Possum

-------------

IP Logged

fjk090852-7
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 11:29am
Print Post  
The final date to sign players from the draft is July 6th. I know two of the Pirates top ten players are participating in the College World Series. That should conclude by the end of the week. There are a couple of prep players who have not yet signed, and one or two who previously said they were signing. It will be an interesting several days to see if the Pirates get several more draft choices under contract.

IP Logged

Orlando Merced
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
I think right now, we're just hoping that Hoglund and Burrows sign. Then there are six prep players drafted outside the top ten that they can try to sign.

IP Logged

fjk090852-7
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #8 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
There is a report that Hoglund is attending summer school orientation at Ole Miss. The Pirates may not get him signed.

IP Logged

INbuc
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #9 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
fjk090852-7 wrote on Jun 26th, 2018 at 7:38pm:
There is a report that Hoglund is attending summer school orientation at Ole Miss. The Pirates may not get him signed.

Brilliant negotiating move.  He has to be smarter than the BMTIB.

IP Logged

fjk090852-7
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #10 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
The Pirates have until Friday to sign any additional draft picks. I assume they will sign the 2 players  ( Koch and Gretler)who played in the College World Series, but it does not look very promising that they will sign Hoglund. Lately there has been no indication that he will be coming to Pittsburgh to sign a contract.

IP Logged

INbuc
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
The typical waiting exercise all teams go through each summer.  I am certainly hopeful Hoglund will sign.  He is slotted to make $1.967M.  If the Bucs save 200K on Gretler and Koch, that would the equivalent of a four year degree at about any top college.  Hoglund looks like a really unique prospect.  As the week comes to an end, I hope he finds $2M too much to resist.

IP Logged

Possum
Forum Administrator

Older Than Dirt!

Reply #12 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
INbuc wrote on Jun 30th, 2018 at 2:18pm:
The typical waiting exercise all teams go through each summer.  I am certainly hopeful Hoglund will sign.  He is slotted to make $1.967M.  If the Bucs save 200K on Gretler and Koch, that would the equivalent of a four year degree at about any top college.  Hoglund looks like a really unique prospect.  As the week comes to an end, I hope he finds $2M too much to resist.

Just wondering about your idea of his bonus being enough to pay for a top college education.  Nice idea but why not give him slot and then pay his tuition to school as long as he is able to play some ball in the fall instructs.  I wonder if that is allowed under the draft bonus rules?

Possum

-------------

IP Logged

INbuc
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #13 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Possum wrote on Jun 30th, 2018 at 4:53pm:
INbuc wrote on Jun 30th, 2018 at 2:18pm:

Just wondering about your idea of his bonus being enough to pay for a top college education.  Nice idea but why not give him slot and then pay his tuition to school as long as he is able to play some ball in the fall instructs.  I wonder if that is allowed under the draft bonus rules?

I am sure Hoglund will get every penny of the slot money, which is $1,967,900.  The question is how much more can the Bucs come up with?

I was trying to infer if they came up with $200,000, they could argue they are paying for the equivalent of his cost of education.

Perhaps the Bucs could give that as straight signing bonus and still pony up for the cost of his college education? 

I thought there might be some restrictions on that now with the slotting system.  If not, a team might say " we will give you slot money and a million dollars for college." Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mouse
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #14 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Possum, where's your report? Did you get to see Swaggerty on the 28th? I'm guessing not but there's always hope.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint