Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Kang back? (Read 12971 times)
Ecbucs
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Kang back?
Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Pirates infielder Jung Ho Kang has received a work visa and is expected to resume his career with the team, according to a report from Rob Biertempfel of The Athletic (via Twitter). Kang had not been able to secure a visa for quite some time after being convicted of a DUI in his native Korea.

IP Logged

Dogknot3
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Re: Kang back?
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
This is huge news. 

I hope he is in shape.  Get him to Altoona now.

IP Logged

Possum
Forum Administrator

Older Than Dirt!

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Yuck, guy is not trustworthy enough to be welcomed back to MLB.  Too many DUIs.  Once and alcoholic always an alcoholic.  I sure hope that he has learned a lesson and is able to control his alcoholism like Hurdle has.  I think he is better served by just staying in the KBL for a guy with his problems and age and being off for so long.  Good Luck to him though.

It's A Great Day for Bucco Baseball

Possum

-------------

2019-The Year of the Kevins

IP Logged

SCBucco
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Ecbucs wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:33pm:
Pirates infielder Jung Ho Kang has received a work visa and is expected to resume his career with the team, according to a report from Rob Biertempfel of The Athletic (via Twitter). Kang had not been able to secure a visa for quite some time after being convicted of a DUI in his native Korea.

I would pass on that file.  Too many issues to count.  He isn't trustworthy enough to me.   Agree with Possum.

IP Logged

Dogknot3
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Possum wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:44pm:
Yuck, guy is not trustworthy enough to be welcomed back to MLB.  Too many DUIs.  Once and alcoholic always an alcoholic.  I sure hope that he has learned a lesson and is able to control his alcoholism like Hurdle has.  I think he is better served by just staying in the KBL for a guy with his problems and age and being off for so long.  Good Luck to him though.

Doesn't mean he is an alcoholic.  I don't get why people think that?   

Kang can give a little boost to the team.  I hope he hasn't lost his game.

IP Logged

Possum
Forum Administrator

Older Than Dirt!

Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Dogknot3 wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:54pm:
Possum wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:44pm:

Doesn't mean he is an alcoholic.  I don't get why people think that?   

Kang can give a little boost to the team.  I hope he hasn't lost his game.

Okay Dog I will put it so that you can truly understand what Kang is:  HE IS A DRUNK!! and A DRUNK DRIVER TOO BOOT!! NOT ONCE BUT THRICE!!!  If you can't understand that and keep on being a shill for him to play with this team again then I will lose all respect for you.

Do not take me wrong Dog.  I do feel that Kang may have his problems figured out but it only takes one drink and perhaps he is back to being a DRUNK again.  For his personal sake I hope so.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2018 at 4:02pm by Possum »  

Possum

-------------

IP Logged

Dogknot3
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
SCBucco wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:49pm:

I would pass on that file.  Too many issues to count.  He isn't trustworthy enough to me.   Agree with Possum.

But you want the Pirates to trade for Matt Bush? 

IP Logged

dmetz
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Y E S ! ! ! !

Get him in the minors, STAT.  

YES!
YES!
YES!
YES!
YES!

IP Logged

Orlando Merced
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #8 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Think you have to see how he responds to a minor league conditioning assignment. If he can still play, he would be a nice addition to the left side of the infield, and if he could spell Mercer some night, that would be quite important.

IP Logged

SCBucco
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #9 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Dogknot3 wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:56pm:

Yes. I was looking for options because our bullpen is worse than the Toronto Maple Leaf defense.  He seems to have cleared his issues.  Meanwhile, when was the last time Kang swung a bat in the majors?  Have no desire to have him back really.

IP Logged

Possum
Forum Administrator

Older Than Dirt!

Reply #10 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
OH MY!  Have we all lost our minds and forgotten the real reason Kang will be back.  If he is reinstated by MLB that means he will still be Bucs property and we owe him the balance of his 2018 salary whether he plays in the minors or for the Big club. Or if he is released and claimed by another club we are on the hook.  Another club will only pay the pro-rata portion of the MLB minimum salary to him with the Bucs the rest of his 2018 salary.  No way TBMTIMLB will waste money like that!   Wink Wink Wink

Possum

-------------

IP Logged

dmetz
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #11 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
He will be back to hitting Ok in a month   If not sooner.   Wait and see. Smiley

IP Logged

Osushawn

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #12 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Glad he is back and could fill in for Harrison until he gets back.  We could use the extra power in the lineup.

IP Logged

Dogknot3
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #13 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
SCBucco wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
Dogknot3 wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:56pm:

Yes. I was looking for options because our bullpen is worse than the Toronto Maple Leaf defense.  He seems to have cleared his issues.  Meanwhile, when was the last time Kang swung a bat in the majors?  Have no desire to have him back really.

You said too many issues to count and he is not trustworthy enough? 

I can name Kang's "issues" off the top of my head.  I would have to look up Bush's to get them all.  Bush has DUIs and drunken disorderly along with assault, trespassing, leaving a scene (after running over a guy's head with his car), kicked out of strip clubs.  And there are more.

If you don't want Kang because he hasn't played baseball in a few years, fine.  But don't say you don't want him because of his "countless issues" while defending Bush and wanting to acquire him.

IP Logged

IABucFan
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #14 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
I was stunned when I heard this today. But, frankly, I'm not expecting much. It's been two years since he played in MLB. Two years older. Two years since seeing MLB quality pitching. His stint in the DR did not go well. At all.

If Kang can be somehow get back to being an excellent defender at third, and a solid bat who can maybe platoon with Moran against lefties, fine. But I'm not holding my breath.

Who even knows if he's in shape?

And let's be honest...he's gotten CAUGHT driving drunk three times. In all likelihood, he's probably done this many other times and not gotten caught. I'm all in favor of second chances. But I hope someone installs the Uber app on his phone for him. You can only drink and drive so many times before you seriously injure or kill yourself or someone else.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Send TopicPrint