Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Any Penguin Fans Out There? (Read 739 times)
Possum
Forum Administrator

Older Than Dirt!

Re: Any Penguin Fans Out There?
Reply #15 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Bucs Fan in GA wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 3:10pm:
Been a Pens fan since the first season and Andy Bathgate, Leo Bovin, Earl Ingarfield, Ab McDonald, Ken Schinkel and former Cleveland Barons goalie, Les Binkley...

Geez BFIG, you are almost older than dirt like me.  I was not a big fan until 1980 but I do remember talking with my hockey buddies who were season tix holders from the beginning about these guys. 

Got to play golf with Schinkel in summer or 1988.  He had a hockey school, even when he played for the Pens during the off-season and we both used the same accountant.  The accountant and his son took me to play with Schink.

Gotta tell ya, the guy was not big by current hockey standards but boy did he have well developed calves and ankles.  And he could hit a golf ball a country mile.  Enjoyed the round and when I asked him about the Pens draft that year he liked Mark Recchi best.  See out that turned out.

Beat 'em Bucs in 2017

Possum

"Trying to prove me wrong all the time might ruin your fun and have you rooting against the Pirates.  Don't do that to yourself.  Be stress free." - Dogknot3 to dmetz on 2/6/2017

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint