Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Music Thread (Read 2943 times)
VaPirate
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Re: The Music Thread
Reply #15 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
RichD wrote on Aug 4th, 2016 at 4:32pm:
I stopped paying much attention to new music about 15 years ago. Not sure why? But my dusty cd case is filled with Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath ,Ozzy , ACDC ,Alice in Chains ,etc.
The radio in my truck died about 3 years ago and i haven`t fixed it. LOL Sad At home i listen to talk sports radio but lately getting tired of it . In fact im tired of listening to people talking ,period. Everyone has too much to say. Roll Eyes
I guess i need to transfer my CD`S to an ipod but i dont know how to do that stuff and i sure as heck not going to re-buy all those albums. When i was a kid my uncle gave me a few albums and turned me on to some good music.Maybe i should just give my collection to my 12 yo nephew in hope that he finds something he likes Undecided

Personally, I'd keep it.  Part of your story.  You may be surprised to go back and re-listen in a few years.

there is software that can convert your CDs to MP3 files.  Maybe somebody knows a simple way to convert.

IP Logged

Lumber Co

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #16 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
I like guitar rock, grunge, post grunge, not too interested much in modern rock though.  Zeppelin, the Who, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Bush, Seether, Audio slave, (early) Linkin Park, Def Leppard, staind just to name a few that I listen to.  have all my music on thumb drives that I play in my 2011 Camaro SS.  have an upgraded stereo system to just over 1000 watts with a 10 inch Sub in the trunk, and 6.5 Components in the doors.  more than 4 times the factory wattage. love my music loud and clear Smiley

IP Logged

VaPirate
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #17 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Lumber Co wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:54pm:
I like guitar rock, grunge, post grunge, not too interested much in modern rock though.  Zeppelin, the Who, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Bush, Seether, Audio slave, (early) Linkin Park, Def Leppard, staind just to name a few that I listen to.  have all my music on thumb drives that I play in my 2011 Camaro SS.  have an upgraded stereo system to just over 1000 watts with a 10 inch Sub in the trunk, and 6.5 Components in the doors.  more than 4 times the factory wattage. love my music loud and clear Smiley

YIKES!   That is some SERIOUS power!  you could park your Camero at the pitchers mound in pnc and host a concert!

IP Logged

RichD

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #18 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
When i was a college student the set up was a cd player an equalizer and big speakers in a wooden case.

What is the setup now?

Your phone or Ipod plugged in to some speakers ?

Are cd players gone these days ? How do people buy tunes today ?

IP Logged

TBird

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #19 - Dec 26th, 2016 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
I'm mostly a 70's Boid.. I have  Sirius XM in my car and have the 70' 80's and the Bridge on my Favs settings

IP Logged

Quail
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #20 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Relative to the 'Liriano vs Nova thread' on the main board and the discussion of NH's explanation of how the Liriano trade went down I can't help but think that if the Pirate ownership/Front Office's propensity to distract, discomfit, and muddle should merit a theme song it would be this one:

"In baseball, you don't know nothing."-  Yogi Berra

IP Logged

Possum
Forum Administrator

Older Than Dirt!

Reply #21 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Thanks Quail for helping me realize why I always seem dizzy when I read some of the stuff here on OBN about NH and his moves.  Indeed it is Spin, Spin, Spin!   Grin

Now for the song critique itself.  Loved it.  Took me back to the day of my youth during the mid 60's to early 70s and the music of the times.  So much protest music and much of it sounded like this song.  Then last few seconds where the video shout our "Peace To All" just tops the cake in reference to the 60s protest songs.  Thanks for taking me back to those wonderful but turbulent years in my life.

Go Black Bears in 2018

Possum

--------------

"A couple off seasons ago we thought Hanson was going be a part of our future. It  goes to show that sometimes fans cannot plan on high end prospects becoming exceptional players in the Big Leagues." -
posted by fjk090852-7 on 12/2/17 in Departed Thread

IP Logged

Quail
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #22 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
You're most welcome Possum! It's one of my favorite videos.

Peace brother!

"In baseball, you don't know nothing."-  Yogi Berra

IP Logged

Babe Adams

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #23 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 9:38am
Print Post  
I listen to a little of everything, from country to opera.  Probably listen to "The American Songbook" more than anything else - people like Sinatra, Fitzgerald, Cole, Crosby, Clooney, Torme, singing composers like Porter, Gershwin, Berlin.

"From here on in, I rag nobody" - Henry Wiggen

IP Logged

Jerseykc

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #24 - May 28th, 2017 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
I'm in my late 50's but do find a few of the newer bands to be pretty good

2 interesting bands from the Philly area
Kurt Vile
The War on Drugs

IP Logged

Jerseykc

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #25 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Porcupine Tree has a deep catalog and Steven Wilson's solo stuff is interesting
They mix in all different styles from Floyd to Speed Metal to King Crimson

IP Logged

VaPirate
Elite Member

OnlyBucs.net Member

Reply #26 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Here's a couple of incredibly talented men; music living within them:

Eric Burden "Soul of A Man" from a "new" album from Eric ~2005?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U2sjpcc5JCo

The last video I'm aware of from Johnny Cash is of his incredible cover of "Hurt" (Nine Inch Nails) - his greatest recording ever? If you've  never seen this video it's a classic "must see".
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint